Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Armour All on the dash?

Old 07-02-2008, 07:20 AM   #1
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
Armour All on the dash?

I have a new 2008 Tacoma and was wondering about using Armour All on the dash. I noticed that it is made more like a hard rubber now instead of plastic/vinyl. My parents own a Jeep Cherokee with a similar type of dash and the dealer told them not to use Armour All on it or it would reflect into the windshield and cause problems. Anyone have any suggestions here about this?
Old 07-02-2008, 07:25 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I've never heard that claim...I use armor all to wipe down the entire interior
Old 07-02-2008, 07:34 AM   #3
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
only thing i have heard was if you ever stop using it, it can make it crack. that he said she said though. no experiance with it.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:56 AM   #4
mainerinexile is on a distinguished road
mainerinexile's Tacoma Gallery
Hillbillynmv-
I agree that Armor-All on the dash would be shiny and reflective. See the detailer threads from a real detailer here on TW. He says to never to Armor All--use 303 protectant, instead.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:25 AM   #5
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
I put Armor-All on my dash. I would say it is not too shiny to be a problem. However our resident detailer set me straight so I stripped off the Armor-All (which was a lot of work) and switched to 303. The 303 keeps the stock appearance and doesn’t have the greasy feel to it. Save yourself the trouble and just go with 303 on the interior.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:42 AM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on the 303 Aerospace Protectant. AA sucks donkey balls, it attracts dust and does reflect light back up to the windshield.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:43 AM   #7
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to get me some of that 303
Old 07-02-2008, 08:47 AM   #8
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
+1 on the 303 Aerospace Protectant. AA sucks donkey balls, it attracts dust and does reflect light back up to the windshield.
I have been hearing complaints about AA since the early 80's! I remember back in '83 my Sister's boyfriend bitching about the reflection thing and how the dust really stuck to everything.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:34 AM   #9
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
AA is shit.... once you start using it, the plastic becomes addicted to it.... you have to keep using it.....this not said in a good way..... i don't like to use it anymore....
Old 07-02-2008, 10:01 AM   #10
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I've never done any more cleaning to the interior of my truck than vacuming it and windexing the windows (and off course removing all trash).
Old 07-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #11
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainerinexile View Post
Hillbillynmv-
I agree that Armor-All on the dash would be shiny and reflective. See the detailer threads from a real detailer here on TW. He says to never to Armor All--use 303 protectant, instead.
I agree. I just got some recently. It's expensive, $13.99 at Boater's World (only place I found it; I got it for free since my BIL works there), but IMO well worth it.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #12
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I came up a little short and only got 302
Old 07-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #14
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Anyone?? Thoughts on Black Magic pro shine protectant.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #15
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I used to use ARmor all everywhere in side (except the steering wheel) - but now I've been using McQuires Interior detailer.
Janster, how is that Meguairs doing on the inside? Is it real shiny, collects dust, etc.? I got some in a kit for Xmas but have yet to try it out. Just used a damp cloth since new but that will not work forever.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:01 AM   #16
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post
Janster, how is that Meguairs doing on the inside? Is it real shiny, collects dust, etc.? I got some in a kit for Xmas but have yet to try it out. Just used a damp cloth since new but that will not work forever.
Not shiny at all.....haven't noticed that it collects dust. It evaporates pretty quick almost like its not even there and you can't tell it leaves anything behind.

Which makes me wonder - is it really doing anything? Perhaps a damp clothe is just as good?
Old 07-05-2008, 07:14 AM   #17
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
I used the Meguairs (towelletes, just pull one out and use) and it doesn't seem to collect any dust. I wiped down with damp cloth and used the Meguairs. I was wondering if anyone else was doing this or not? It does evaporate quickly and you really can't tell that it is on there at all, like Janster said. I assume it is working. Been over a week and no dust collecting to speak of.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #18
Chomag will become famous soon enough
Chomag's Tacoma Gallery
I was in the store today and looking at some cleaners and I happend to have noticed that all the bottles of ArmorALL now have a "New Improved sticker" and on thefront bottle the lable says "New,thicker,nongreasy formula"

I'm not sure how much New and improved that realy means or if any at all but it's got me wondering. lol
Old 07-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #19
vivafire is on a distinguished road

vivafire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
I used the Meguairs (towelletes, just pull one out and use) and it doesn't seem to collect any dust. I wiped down with damp cloth and used the Meguairs. I was wondering if anyone else was doing this or not? It does evaporate quickly and you really can't tell that it is on there at all, like Janster said. I assume it is working. Been over a week and no dust collecting to speak of.
I use Meguairs Quik Interior Detailer spray. When I use it I spray it on a towel then wipe the interior. It is not surpose to leave any residue ,thats why I like it. I hate the greasy look that armour leaves.I believe thats why dust does not collect very easy.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:23 AM   #20
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
No Armorall. It collects dust and is greasy feeling and shiny. I use Klasse protectant. Dries dry. No greasy feeling.