Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Billet Grilles

Old 07-05-2008, 07:16 AM   #1
Moose
MooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: USS John Paul Jones; Gas Turbine Technician Electrical 2nd Class (SW)
MooseTX82's Tacoma Gallery
Billet Grilles

I wanna replace my factory billet grilles. Looking for the steel mesh look. I got a couple questions...

How easy are they to replace? Doesnt seem hard.

Is there any cutting involved?

Do they sell them in packages? I dont want to buy my front, bottom, sides, hood scoop all seperate.

Anyone able to recommend a good place to order this from?

Thanks.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:21 AM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
you wanna look at this thread

http://stores.ebay.com/grille4you
Old 07-05-2008, 09:05 AM   #5
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseTX82 View Post
Thanks boss.
pleasure doing business with you
Old 07-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
shonuff505 is on a distinguished road
Marines: SGT - "Semper Fi" till the day i die
shonuff505's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseTX82 View Post
I wanna replace my factory billet grilles. Looking for the steel mesh look. I got a couple questions...

How easy are they to replace? Doesnt seem hard.

Is there any cutting involved?

Do they sell them in packages? I dont want to buy my front, bottom, sides, hood scoop all seperate.

Anyone able to recommend a good place to order this from?

Thanks.

I just replaced my factory grill with a billet. It looks great and was allot easier then I expected. Its kinda scary when your chopping up your factory, but it all come together very well. It is a simple inexpensive way to make a big difference in the appearence of you taco. I got all five pieces on ebay for about $130. Happy hunting

Semper Fi
Old 07-25-2008, 09:22 AM   #7
shonuff505 is on a distinguished road
Marines: SGT - "Semper Fi" till the day i die
shonuff505's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbraeckel View Post
does anybody have a mesh grill that does main grill, two side pieces, and the lower bumper grill for a Gen2? preferably black and maybe the type like the GMC denali's have? or if I find the material how hard is it to cut out the stock plastic but keep the chrome ring in place so I can insert my own material?

I have seen it done and it looks pretty nice, I know from experience that you could fab your own grill insert, its just gonna take the right tools, materials, and some patience. Try looking on ebay, i have seen what your looking for, for around $150. I have installed a few grill inserts myself and know a few tricks if needed.

Semper Fi
Old 06-24-2010, 10:21 PM   #8
cfs2008 is on a distinguished road
cfs2008's Tacoma Gallery
Hows it going, as far as cutting the oem grille, exactly what part do you have to cut? The instructions I got are not clear and there aren't any illustrations. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks