Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Underhood cleaning

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Question Underhood cleaning

Hello gents,
I just popped up my hood and discovered that there is a lot of dust building on the motor and stuff, i currently don't have any products fr detailing the hood i just wanted to know if i can just pour some water on it with my garden hose, or what can i do???

Here's a picture of it.... I want to wash my Tacoma today as I'm traveling next Monday and i like my truck to look clean and neat on the Hwy any suggestions welcomed!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
i just take mine to the carwash and use the HIGH-PRESSURE water...
Old 07-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
i just take mine to the carwash and use the HIGH-PRESSURE water...
so no risk of getting harnesses disconnected or damaging anything with high pressure water??
Old 07-05-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
i leave the truck running......Dont just BLAST it everywhere....

U will know where to be careful...

THEN WIPE ALL CLEAN
Old 07-05-2008, 12:07 PM   #5

Cool man, ill give it a try
Old 07-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
I just did under my hood this afternoon with a normal hose. It's not completely dry yet but it looks like it took 90% of the grime out. Since I'm the only person that sees under there that's good enough for me
Old 07-05-2008, 01:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
I just did under my hood this afternoon with a normal hose. It's not completely dry yet but it looks like it took 90% of the grime out. Since I'm the only person that sees under there that's good enough for me
you are right man, i just did that, get everything wet then i dried with a towel, looks good to me
Old 07-05-2008, 02:21 PM   #9
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
Hello gents,
I just popped up my hood and discovered that there is a lot of dust building on the motor and stuff, i currently don't have any products fr detailing the hood i just wanted to know if i can just pour some water on it with my garden hose, or what can i do???

Here's a picture of it.... I want to wash my Tacoma today as I'm traveling next Monday and i like my truck to look clean and neat on the Hwy any suggestions welcomed!

Hey, what the hell?!?! You took a picture under my hood!!!

...oh, no wait. That's right. I have a URD Intake now!

I just use tire cleaner and a hose to clean under there. Haven't detailed my underhood yet on my new one, but that worked like a charm on my 2.7L.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:33 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
DO NOT USE HIGH PRESSURE to clean your engine! This is bad, as it WILL force water into places that it shouldnt be. IF you use high pressure, or water sprayed from the hose:
keep the motor running
Stay away from the alternator
Stay away from fuse area
Keep nozel about 2 feet away
Trust me, I have ruined many alternators, and electrical components trying to clean an engine.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #11

Thanks chris good to know, i did hosed it but it was very superficial just to take of the dust, all the hard work was with the towel!
Old 07-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #12
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Ed your 'dust' told me a tale of a leaky hoodscoop?? whichh aint good ad should be sealed better it can play hell w/the alternater
Old 07-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #13
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
good reply man...goooood reply...
Old 07-05-2008, 05:24 PM   #14
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey-next to smelling clean and having well-trimmed nails, having a clean engine bay can be downright SEXY to da laydeez man
Old 07-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #15
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imrubicon View Post
One thing is get a life as it is going to get dirty under there. If this ruins your day then you need to get out more LOL
Just use a nrmal hose and rinse .
If you want it to stay eat of the floor clean then dont drive it ?
I like to keep the engine bay clean for when I work on it. The OP isnt crying about it GETTING dirty, just tips on cleaning it.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Hey-next to smelling clean and having well-trimmed nails, having a clean engine bay can be downright SEXY to da laydeez man
My wife always says that her car has a crush on my truck. It gets REALLY dirty, but a good shower is good for every one/thing.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
My wife always says that her car has a crush on my truck. It gets REALLY dirty, but a good shower is good for every one/thing.
I like that one
Old 07-05-2008, 06:06 PM   #18
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I wipe my engine down like everyday, I even took the cap off. Its as clean as I can get it without hosing it, but some how I have some crap that is baked on my engine block and wont come off, would spraying it get it off?
Old 07-05-2008, 06:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
I wipe my engine down like everyday, I even took the cap off. Its as clean as I can get it without hosing it, but some how I have some crap that is baked on my engine block and wont come off, would spraying it get it off?
Dont spray it. Useing a pressure sprayer could push water into a place that it doesnt belong. Try cleaning it by hand, and rinse with water.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:13 PM   #20

damn, a lot happened here since i went washing my truck LOL

Products Discussed in this Thread