Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Tips on Removing Road Paint???

Old 09-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #21
Metal Cutter
zero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud of

Name: Will
zero4's Tacoma Gallery
Just wanted to thank the OP for this thread again. I picked up some Goo Gone & took all that damn pink paint of my truck. Finally after all this time, feels like a new truck now.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:54 PM   #22
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
You can try a clay bar on your body paint but I don't know how well it will work on the sliders.

You can pick one up at an auto body store they work wonders on paint.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:01 AM   #23
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero4 View Post
Just wanted to thank the OP for this thread again. I picked up some Goo Gone & took all that damn pink paint of my truck. Finally after all this time, feels like a new truck now.
AWESOME! Glad to be able to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
You can try a clay bar on your body paint but I don't know how well it will work on the sliders.

You can pick one up at an auto body store they work wonders on paint.
Already taken care of JLee.
On the sliders I just spray painted over it since they have textured powder coating.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:02 AM   #24
snow dude is on a distinguished road

Name: Darius
snow dude's Tacoma Gallery
you could use acetone or paint thinner and than maybe do another coat of paint and clear where you used it.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:03 AM   #25
snow dude is on a distinguished road

Name: Darius
snow dude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
goo off might work better than goo gone
Old 09-12-2010, 01:47 AM   #26
Metal Cutter
zero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud of

Name: Will
zero4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow dude View Post
goo off might work better than goo gone

Yeah it was Goof Off is what I used.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:19 AM   #27
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
GOJO (the white creamy hand cleaner). STick it on, let it soak in...and you'll have some rubbing - but it works. Won't harm the paint.

I had white on my truck and used that. I didn't bother getting it off the plastic on the mud flap or the inside the wheel well. I was more concerned about getting it off the paint.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #28
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Yeah it was Goof Off is what I used.
As long as your not sporting the pink paint that's all that matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
GOJO (the white creamy hand cleaner). STick it on, let it soak in...and you'll have some rubbing - but it works. Won't harm the paint.

I had white on my truck and used that. I didn't bother getting it off the plastic on the mud flap or the inside the wheel well. I was more concerned about getting it off the paint.
Interesting. I still have a little on the rocker panel on the passenger side under the slider that I couldn't get to with out taking the slider off. Might have to try that. Thanks Janster!
Old 09-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #29
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
ohhhh i would be hella pissed!
Old 09-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #30
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow dude View Post
you could use acetone or paint thinner and than maybe do another coat of paint and clear where you used it.

please dont use nail polish remover. it has acetone in it and will kill your paint.

paint thinner is called "paint thinner" for a reason
Old 09-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #31
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Bubba Z ,

just a thought about the GOJO idea , I'm sure that stuff would work but make sure you get the right type , there are many different "strengths" or formulations of that stuff . The one we use at work is the heavy duty type and contains an aggregate about the size of sand , that particular type would definitely scratch the clear coat .
Old 09-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #32
I feel so Devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Bubba Z ,

just a thought about the GOJO idea , I'm sure that stuff would work but make sure you get the right type , there are many different "strengths" or formulations of that stuff . The one we use at work is the heavy duty type and contains an aggregate about the size of sand , that particular type would definitely scratch the clear coat .
Roger that Fifi
But I'm not to worried about it. I got all of it off the paint, just a few left over spots here and there that are not visible unless you get under the truck.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #34
She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.
05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05 TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
Reminds me of when I was a teenager riding in a friends maroon Mustang. We came up on a stretch of road one night that had cones down the center line. For some unknown reason, driver thought it would be fun to knock down the cones. This went on for miles. He even crossed the line and knocked some down with right side tires. He didn't realize what he had done until the next morning, after it was good and dry. That yellow paint was a solid stripe at least 6" high, down both sides, all the way to the back of his car until the day it finally died (it was a Ford). Now that was some funny shit.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:46 AM   #35
i love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 2nd Landing Support Battalion
Name: Chris
i love tacos's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Dodge Crew Cab that had a large amount of latex paint splattered all down the driver's side. I used 1000 grit sandpaper and wet sanded it off. Then bought professional auto body polish and a electric polisher which buffed out all of the haze left behind after wet sanding. Or you can take it to a body shop and have them remove it for a large fee.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:55 AM   #36
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
did you try gas ? i use that to get stuff off my truck from time to time.
put a rag at the end of the can's spout and dab it on there. then rub it
on the spots. it is great.