Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

window water spots

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #21
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_prettyman View Post
wax them??
i wax mine with honda spray wax.unless its just raining super hard,i never have to turn my wipers on.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #22
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wax them??
thats what i said
Old 09-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #23
davidsdad will become famous soon enough

Name: Dave
davidsdad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
wax ur windows

That's what I said!!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:56 AM   #24
808nalu is a jewel in the rough808nalu is a jewel in the rough808nalu is a jewel in the rough

808nalu's Tacoma Gallery
hawaiian island shine water spot remover is the best product I've used. Removed waterspots on vehicle not touched for more than a decade.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:11 AM   #25
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
wax ur windows
I wax mine everytime I wax my truck but it doesn't remove the spots. I have even used polishing compound with my DA polisher and it doesn't remove them. I have heard using vinegar and water will remove them but I haven't tried it yet.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:41 AM   #26
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like different things work for different people. I guess the environmental elements that caused the spots are different as well. People on the coast dealing with salt water, people on city water systems dealing with hard water issues, and those out in the sticks dealing with high iron content or other natural elements.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #27
Rich2putt is a splendid one to beholdRich2putt is a splendid one to beholdRich2putt is a splendid one to beholdRich2putt is a splendid one to beholdRich2putt is a splendid one to beholdRich2putt is a splendid one to beholdRich2putt is a splendid one to behold
Name: Rich
Rich2putt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
how do you get rid of water spots on glass?? god they piss me off but no cleaner ive tried works!!

I used car wash soap directly on the glass (do not dilute) & lightly rubbed with a clean rag. Afterwards, clean the glass with Windex or choice window cleaner. It was very effective in removing all the water spots.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #28
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Spot-X works real good. Get it at the Home Depot for cheap.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #29
Palmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant future

Army: U.S. Army
Name: Pete
Palmetto Pete's Tacoma Gallery
hawaiian island shine water spot remover for glass worked wonders. I tried a bunch of different products and I found this worked by far the best!

http://www.amazon.com/Hawaiian-Islan.../dp/B001T8YEWM
Old 09-10-2010, 06:40 AM   #30
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Bad advise stop giving it.

Another bad response.

Finally!

Exactly what happens.

For all the people stating to use steel wool here is a thread just for you. I made it so people giving horrible advise would stop ruining others windshields. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...ml#post2034997

All advise on here even though its from a TW member should always be researched before actually taking their word.
Tell me how I gave a bad response! The guy wanted spots off his windows. I had spots, found a product that worked and posted it!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:06 PM   #31
AshTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Mic
AshTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
just got all my windows clean. took me about 2 hours. i used glass scrub i bought from o'reilly and a orbital polisher. hard to take off those hard water spots.. but now its squeaky clean..
Old 09-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #32
I came. I saw. I conquered.
steved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteved411 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
steved411's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a new (used) truck and I couldn't tell I had them until we started getting rain... the past few days it has been raining like crazy and I was having a hard time seeing... I cleaned with everything and nothing worked....

I read on another forum to try Motherís Mag and Aluminum polish... I picked some up today and it worked! I just put it on and then wiped it off. No more film/water spots.

Steve

Products Discussed in this Thread