Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

window water spots

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
l_prettyman has a spectacular aura aboutl_prettyman has a spectacular aura about
Name: Logan
l_prettyman's Tacoma Gallery
window water spots

how do you get rid of water spots on glass?? god they piss me off but no cleaner ive tried works!!
Old 09-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
l_prettyman has a spectacular aura aboutl_prettyman has a spectacular aura about
bump
Old 09-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
i rainx mine alot....and dry em after i wash the truck that keeps mine spotless
Old 09-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
Basfshr27 is on a distinguished road
Name: Marshall
Basfshr27's Tacoma Gallery
I have found that Sysco Satin Shine is the only thing that has ever worked for me.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basfshr27 View Post
I have found that Sysco Satin Shine is the only thing that has ever worked for me.

where can i buy that from?
Old 09-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #6
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Mr Clean Magic Eraser damp with vinegar... worked for me when I lived in South Texas and everything was covered in limestone from the local water.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
using mothers metal polish lightly worked on my previous truck when nothing else I tried did.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:24 AM   #8
thanks for all the input guys!! im going to the store today to load up on the stuff youve said
Old 09-03-2010, 05:47 AM   #9
Jettytaco is on a distinguished road
Jettytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Steel wool from home depot get the finest grade works like a champ and doesnt scratch dont use this on your headlights no plastic scrub with a little bit of water for tougher spot use tougher grade
Old 09-03-2010, 05:51 AM   #10
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my 2005 Taco about a month ago and the glass on it looked awful. Water spots all over. I tried vinegar, steel wool and metal polish and nothing worked. I found this stuff at a NAPA store and it worked wonders. It's Duragloss Nu-Glass #755. Worked miracles. On the drivers side windows I had to use a drill with a pad on it and several coats, but all my glass looks like new now.

http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-nu-glass.html
Old 09-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_TACO View Post
I bought my 2005 Taco about a month ago and the glass on it looked awful. Water spots all over. I tried vinegar, steel wool and metal polish and nothing worked. I found this stuff at a NAPA store and it worked wonders. It's Duragloss Nu-Glass #755. Worked miracles. On the drivers side windows I had to use a drill with a pad on it and several coats, but all my glass looks like new now.

http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-nu-glass.html

im going to go buy some right now! i just spent like 30 bucks on stuff to try and nothing works. i hope this does
Old 09-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #14
davidsdad will become famous soon enough

Name: Dave
davidsdad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettytaco View Post
Steel wool from home depot get the finest grade works like a champ and doesnt scratch dont use this on your headlights no plastic scrub with a little bit of water for tougher spot use tougher grade

Never use steel wool on glass!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #15
davidsdad will become famous soon enough

Name: Dave
davidsdad's Tacoma Gallery
Meguiar's Cleaner Wax followed by Meguiar's Quick Detailer is what I use! But, do not put the cleaner wax on the windshield...
Rubbing Alcohol works as well!!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #16
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
chrome polish works to a certain extent.....and i've had good luck with either stoners invisible glass and crumpled newspaper....or a lil vinegar and some crumpled news paper.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #17
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
^^

What he said. I used an abrasive scratch pad that was not steel wool and it still scratched my front window. Im living with it until I get a rock or crack.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #18
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
woops never mind the arrows should have used the quote!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #19
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
wax ur windows
Old 09-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
wax ur windows

wax them??

Products Discussed in this Thread