Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

What would you guys do?

Old 09-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
The_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The_Dude's Tacoma Gallery
What would you guys do?

I'm the second owner of my truck. Outside looks great....interior also looks good until you look at the roof. I'm not sure what the best plan of attack is as the material is sensitive and, from what I understand, made of cardboard.

What would you guys do/use to clean this?

Also, the drivers seat has always been torn since I bought the truck, obviously it's gotten worse and worse in the passed 6 years. On CustomTacos .com people were always talking about installing Celica seats. However, it's not a bolt on swap and includes welding - something I do not know how to do nor where to get it done. The seats are supposed to be a lot more comfortable too.

Your thoughts?

Old 09-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
wet okole seat covers fo the seats. i hear they are pretty cushioned as well as looking good. maybe try some simple green for the spots
Old 09-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
maju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired
maju's Tacoma Gallery
seat covers for teh seats and http://fabricspraypaint.com/ for teh headliner
Old 09-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
The_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I like the simple green idea.

Not a big fan of seat covers even thought I hear the Okoles are the way to go.

And upholstery paint....seriously?
Old 09-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
Id be more interested in knowing what they were doing in there to get the ceiling that dirty in the first place hehe. But ya id say definately need seat covers or new seats altogether mabye, and mabye some simple soap n water on the stains before you try the harsh cleaners.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Tell her to keep her feet off the roof when your doing it.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #7
maju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired
maju's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
And upholstery paint....seriously?

Yes, Seriously, I have seen fabric paint used on several sections of cubical wall that was stained by a 2 idiots playing with soda and mentos on a floor area that was "going to be refurbishd" but the company decided to to keep the cubicals. I am not sure if it was the exact produt I put the link in for but it worked just fine.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #8
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
lol @ trap
Old 09-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruKnight View Post
Id be more interested in knowing what they were doing in there to get the ceiling that dirty in the first place hehe. But ya id say definately need seat covers or new seats altogether mabye, and mabye some simple soap n water on the stains before you try the harsh cleaners.
I have wondered that many times myself. The truck looks great everywhere....except the headliner.

Bump for more ideas...
Old 09-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #10

Lol Trap...this must be her:

Old 09-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #11
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
That's Her!!! Those are the footprints !!! I watch CSI ! Guilty! Case Closed !
Old 09-05-2010, 02:13 AM   #12
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Try some Brake cleaner on the stains/marks.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:07 AM   #13
CubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Carlos
CubanTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I find ChemDry to work wonders. You can get it at HomeDepot. It's a dry cleaning solution so I suppose it won't "wet" the cardboard headliner. Says it's good for car interiors.

http://www.chemdry.com/products-tips...d-spot-remover
Old 09-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #14

I like that chemdry idea...sounds like it has potential. I'll let you know how it goes if I try that route.

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #15
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
You never want to spray anything directly on to the headliner for reasons you hinted at. The glue that attaches the fabric to the cardboard headliner will easily release when soaked. Instead, spray a cleaner on to a microfiber towel. I use P21s total auto wash. Then gently wipe the headliner. Although you may not get every last bit, it'll certainly make improvements. other option... cover it w/ some alcantara

For the seats, I think doing celica seats is going to be more work than its worth. By the time you fork over money for the new seats, plus the $ spent on welding, you can probably have them reuphostered w/ new fabric for less money and time. Check w/ your local upholstery shops and get some prices.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #16
CubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCubanTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Carlos
CubanTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I would put whatever solution you use on towel and blot with a little pressure on the stains.