Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Impulse Red Color Combo's

Old 09-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Impulse Red Color Combo's

I have an Impulse Red Taco. I've been looking around on here and I've seen a few color schemes and paint jobs that stand out however, I'm undecided as to what color schemes go good with the Impulse Red paint on the Tacoma's.

I would like to see you paint jobs and schemes with the Impulse Red. My idea's of colors that would go good are Gun Metal Grey, Black, or Silver. I have a chrome grille surround and chrome rear bumper but the grille surround will change when I do my grille insert. I will also be doing the BLHM and projector mod in the near future. Any good idea's and pics guys?
Old 09-05-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
i have an IRP taco too...lots op chrome but i wanna do the black out look...totally go black!!!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Once you go black you never go back right? HA!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha yah!!! lmao...i knew someone would make that comment
Old 09-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #5

Law Enforcement:
I'm gonna try to take pics of my truck and add the color scheme's that I'm thinking of...maybe with paint or something since I don't have photo-shop. Maybe my windows 7 has something I can use. I'm thinking something on the valance and 50 hp racing stripe from the grille up the hood and over the roof of course. lol Also something on the rocker panels and add step bars. I'm a big fan of exterior mods as well as performance!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #6

Law Enforcement:
Bump for Impulse Red taco's!
Old 09-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
Redheaded & Bearded Viking
KamoKid will become famous soon enoughKamoKid will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Former Combat Controller
Name: Boz
KamoKid's Tacoma Gallery
I have the lower rocker panels of mine rhino lined black (as well as the interior under the vinyl and the bed). Not really a "paint scheme" but just for reference...

Pic
Old 09-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #8

Law Enforcement:
^^ gangster!

lol If i was in a place where i was mudding and gettin the inside dirty i would def rhino or line-x the interior.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:19 PM   #9
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamoKid View Post
I have the lower rocker panels of mine rhino lined black (as well as the interior under the vinyl and the bed). Not really a "paint scheme" but just for reference...

Pic
lol sick truck i like your wheel/tire combo haha
Old 09-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #10
Redheaded & Bearded Viking
KamoKid will become famous soon enoughKamoKid will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Former Combat Controller
Name: Boz
KamoKid's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man!

Congrats to you too, you are at "666" posts! lol!

Wish most days I had the 4door like yours... But love the longer bed of mine too much.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:32 AM   #11
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamoKid View Post
Thanks man!

Congrats to you too, you are at "666" posts! lol!

Wish most days I had the 4door like yours... But love the longer bed of mine too much.
haha learned something new.. didnt know the extra cabs had a longer bed....
Old 09-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #13

Law Enforcement:
Thanks Redskin! Where did you find the chrome grille pieces and door handles? Dick Cepek 16's for wheels?
Old 09-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #14
RedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud of
Name: Paul
RedskinRedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Handles and wheels on ebay (Putco Brand). Wheels from performance products 16 x 8 for $135ea free shipping. Got any pics of your Impulse red?
Old 09-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #15

Law Enforcement:

Thats what she looks like now minus the bug shield. I like it better without it. I have so many things I want to but haven't got the time or money. I like the chrome grille inserts, handles and wheels you have...and I'll be doing the BLHM and most likely HID projectors. Did you lift it at all or just level the front?
Old 09-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #16
RedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud of
Think i paid about $30 for the grill and $30 for the handles. Their just held on with double sided tape. Took a few minutes to install. I did some PIAA extreme white bulbs instead HID's. Its lifted a little bit. Bilstien 5100's up from set @ 1.75 and 5100's in the back with 1" blocks and the TSB done in the back. 275/70/16 michellin LTX M/S's for tires.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:58 PM   #17

Law Enforcement:
Now TSB you mean you had the 4 leaf springs put in right? Cuz I've heard of 2 TSB's for the back...the squeaky leaf one and the leaf pack replacement one.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #18
not sure exactly what they did. I do know that I got all new leaf springs. Before they did it. with the camper shell and like a 100lbs in the back it would bottum out. its good to go now though.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:52 AM   #19
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is black and red...
Browse around in here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-want-see.html
Old 09-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #20
Ammo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: AMMO
Ammo guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstud View Post
i have an IRP taco too...lots op chrome but i wanna do the black out look...totally go black!!!
I blacked out my badges a months ago and i love it. Ill work on some pics for you.