Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Scratched my truck

Old 09-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Scratched my truck

So I did some off roading and scratched my truck. It seems like the paint will scratch by just looking at it.....anyone know how to get them out?
Old 09-08-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTaco View Post
So I did some off roading and scratched my truck. It seems like the paint will scratch by just looking at it.....anyone know how to get them out?
I use a porter cable orbital buffer. Best $100 ever spent and makes brush/tree branch scratches disappear. They sell em at Coastal Tools. Use with a fine polish, apply wax good to go.

Agree the paint does scratch very easily. My mtn bike grip rubbed the paint & scratched it.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #3
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
x2^^^^^^^^
its just the first ones hurt the most after that it gets easier
Old 09-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #4
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
I can definately relate, our trucks scratch way too easy. Buffing should work as long as your gentle and the scratches arent too deep, if they are, youll prolly need to invest in a touch up paint pen.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I use a porter cable orbital buffer. Best $100 ever spent and makes brush/tree branch scratches disappear. They sell em at Coastal Tools. Use with a fine polish, apply wax good to go.

Agree the paint does scratch very easily. My mtn bike grip rubbed the paint & scratched it.
Judy you are the WOMAN!! Good advise right there.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #6
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, this is after I washed/ waxed/ buffed my truck. I hated the scratches at first, but now I don't care to much.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #7
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
That shots sick kevin. like the perspective and the 35's
Old 09-10-2010, 01:52 PM   #8
4X4_TRD has a spectacular aura about4X4_TRD has a spectacular aura about

Navy: Survival Instructor
Name: Justin
4X4_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
Haha, this is after I washed/ waxed/ buffed my truck. I hated the scratches at first, but now I don't care to much.

x2 I also didn't like the scratches at first but it now looks like I actually take my truck out. No mall crawler here!!
Old 09-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #9
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I put my first pin stripes on last weekend doing some light wheelin on a tight trail. I bought a silver truck just for that reason you can't see the blemishes on the paint that much and so far it's working you can't really see them until you really look.

And Kevin has custom pin striping you can't buy in any store. I say take you truck out doors and live a little they don't have the nick name TOY for nothing.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #10
mj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Meg
mj918's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
x2^^^^^^^^
its just the first ones hurt the most after that it gets easier
Yep exactly! The first week I had my truck, my dogs jumped out (not moving) and scratched the shit out of my tailgate!! And having a black truck made them very noticeable. Two years later, it sucks but its a truck, right?
Old 09-12-2010, 04:14 AM   #11
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post

What wax and polish did you use? I just took mine thru a tight ass trail today, looks like shit in the sun and covered in dust but they seem to be able to buff out...