1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Water stains on seat

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by TacoJay, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Sep 8, 2010 at 9:10 AM
    TacoJay

TacoJay [OP] Member

Member:
    So over the long weekend took the new truck out to Moab, UT and did a bit of back country which was a blast! However, I did manage to tear two of my mud flaps off, doh! Not too concerned about this though...

I did however manage to spill some water from one of the coolers on the back seats. It left a water stain on the seats, nothing too major but definitely noticeable. I'm wondering what I can use to get this out.....any thoughts fellow owners?

2. Sep 8, 2010 at 9:16 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    If you can find it, Spot Shot. Its a carpet spot cleaner but works good. I haven't tried it on our seats yet, so maybe try it in a small spot. But that stuff has been great for me pretty much on everything. I used it on the fabric on the arm rest of the door when my 5yo son left his mark with pencil. Worked great on that. Good luck.

3. Sep 11, 2010 at 5:42 AM
    NAYo2002

NAYo2002 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Great Falls, MT
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Michelin LTX A/T2, TRD Skid Plate, WeatherTech DigiFit Liners, OEM Bed Extender, OEM Bed mat, Advantage TorzaTop Trifold Tonneau, Pop & Lock PL5300
    It may sound counterintuitive but the best way to fight water spot/stain is to wipe down with the damp cloth. That way you aren't using harsh chemicals on the fabric.

Just make sure you are using filtered/purified water though. The stain is most likely from the minerals (probably calcium) and it will usually just wipe out. You will see a damp area until it dries clean.

It worked for me.

Products Discussed in

To Top