Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Wax problems

Old 09-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
Ammo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: AMMO
Ammo guy's Tacoma Gallery
Wax problems

I made the mistake of letting the girl friend help me wax my taco. Now I have wax stuck in groves of the plastic bed caps. I have tried everything shy of sand paper to get it out. Any advice would help.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Use a toothbrush and try scrubbing it out. Don't get mad at your girl, at least she tried helping you out. Around here, you can't get girls do to that kind of stuff.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Use goo gone with a pad. Clean the area throughtly. Dry. Re wax surroundings.

Have a beer.

I always get wax into my plastic parts, mostly cause I go at a decent speed with the buffers, but if any gets stuck and dries, this always helps.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #7
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on the toothbrush. Use a 'soft' bristle.

Also, next time have her use a spray wax that doesn't leave residue in the nooks and crannies, like:

CSI Q-7 Spray Wax
Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax
Duragloss Aquawax

All are great products.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
dupont final detail.....for the absolute win