Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Unknown paint color

Old 09-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
blue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: alex
blue97taco's Tacoma Gallery
Unknown paint color

i have a chip in my paint and i cant contact the people who we bought the truck from, can i take a sample somewhere and get a match?
Old 09-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
If it's the stock color look on the drivers door jam for the paint code sticker.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
blue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblue97taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap View Post
If it's the stock color look on the drivers door jam for the paint code sticker.
itsnot the people i bought it frompainted it themselves and i dont know what color it is
Old 09-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #5

heres a picture
Old 09-12-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
That looks like B5 blue. It's a chrysler/dodge color.
Do a google "image" search for B5 blue.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:42 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of paint shops can scan colors and mix up exact matches. Problem is, a lot of them have minimum amounts they'll mix though.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
For a couple of bucks, they will scan it for you and give you the code. You can then get a matching touch.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
For a couple of bucks, they will scan it for you and give you the code. You can then get a matching touch.
would a autoparts storebe able to do this?
Old 09-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #10
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
Youll probably have to go to a Detailing or Car Body Shop supply shop. Most of the time they make custom mixes of paint. Just bring your gas cap or whatever part you wish and you can most certainly get your custom paint, which will come in a can like this:

Ask them if its a 1 stage color (you dont need to clear coat) or if you need to apply a clear coat.

This is the best way I think you can get touch up paint for your truck. Maybe you might be able to get some touch up paint in the form of a pen, if that what you are looking for. Not all shops do this though.