Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

paint sealant

Old 09-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
paint sealant

love to keep my new taco clean, put a coat of wax on every 3 weeks. winter is coming and i want to seal it. any thoughts on a good long lasting eastern coast sealant
Old 09-13-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
MaidenFan will become famous soon enoughMaidenFan will become famous soon enough

Name: Jason
MaidenFan's Tacoma Gallery
Might get some ideas on this thread?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...er-thread.html
Old 09-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
In my opinion, a good old fashioned hand waxing is about the best you're going to do. Unfortunately there's not much else you can do in the NE to keep the salt off. Just wash it on the warmer days (if you have a heated garage then you can wash and wax).
Old 09-18-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
i just used nu-finish 12 month car polish/sealer.....did real good at shining up the paint....been on a couple of weeks and is still slick.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:38 PM   #5
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
final detail
Old 09-23-2010, 12:57 PM   #6
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
love to keep my new taco clean, put a coat of wax on every 3 weeks. winter is coming and i want to seal it. any thoughts on a good long lasting eastern coast sealant
for ease of application alone, Optimum Opti-Seal is worth taking a look at. 15 minutes and the truck will be done, and well protected too! I use it very often, as well as on the wheels too.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #7
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
I went with Collinite 845. AWESOME STUFF
Old 09-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #8
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
I went with Collinite 845. AWESOME STUFF
It absolutely is! Durable as all hell and looks good (and priced right!)
Old 09-24-2010, 03:34 AM   #9
GSB is on a distinguished road
GSB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
for ease of application alone, Optimum Opti-Seal is worth taking a look at. 15 minutes and the truck will be done, and well protected too! I use it very often, as well as on the wheels too.
This is what I use also. So easy to use, a little goes a long way. One or two sprays per panel. It will protect all winter no problem. Top it with Optimum Spray Wax and it will look even better.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:37 AM   #10
Taco.Tim is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Taco.Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Not much of a car wash person, but I have used Rejex on my vehicles, and although it says it is good for four months, it took almost two years before it seemed like my vette needed it again. Just did my Tacoma a couple of weeks ago.

Tim
Old 09-24-2010, 07:14 PM   #11
wmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nicewmb67 is just really nice
wmb67's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
It absolutely is! Durable as all hell and looks good (and priced right!)

Agreed. Looks great, durable, easy on-easy off, and cheap($15).