Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

help with ducktape glue!

Old 09-13-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
help with ducktape glue!

I need help removing glue from ducktape glue from my paint. my window stoped working and it was gonna rain so i made a window out of ducktape and trashbags and now there is residue left behind. any products that will remove it?
Old 09-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davestaco View Post
I need help removing glue from ducktape glue from my paint. my window stoped working and it was gonna rain so i made a window out of ducktape and trashbags and now there is residue left behind. any products that will remove it?
Old 09-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNakedBooda View Post
X2
Old 09-13-2010, 02:41 PM   #5
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
I Know WD40 Work great at removing adhesives but i don't know what it will do to you paint. But if you put duck tape on it u might not care.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
3m adhesive remover, i used it to debadge. worked amazing, better than alcohol and goo gone(not to knock you guys above) just make sure you wash it off afterwards with soapy water
Old 09-13-2010, 05:01 PM   #7
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks guys i know what im doin now.....and its not that i dont care about my truck....i just had to seal up my window fast!
Old 09-13-2010, 05:22 PM   #8
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davestaco View Post
thanks guys i know what im doin now.....and its not that i dont care about my truck....i just had to seal up my window fast!
Where in Virginia are you ?

Hell.....if your close to Woodbridge I'll help you clean it up. I have plenty GOO-BE-GONE !!!
Old 09-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNakedBooda View Post
Where in Virginia are you ?

Hell.....if your close to Woodbridge I'll help you clean it up. I have plenty GOO-BE-GONE !!!
im from dinwiddie va which is about 50 min to 1 hour south of richmond
Old 09-16-2010, 05:11 AM   #11
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
in a clean spray bottle mix 50% mineral spirits and 50% denatured alcohol. you will have to shake this mixture frequently as it tends to separate. but anyhow this solution and a soft lint free cloth or towel should do the trick. just soak the spot and take your time then wash and wax with a good carnuba.
No way would i put Mineral spirits on my paint. It just like paint thinner.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #12

i purchased some bumper sticker remover.....worked like a charm...thanks for the help