Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Smelly Truck!

Old 09-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
T-REX
ninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nick
ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ninorth Send a message via Yahoo to ninorth
Smelly Truck!

I have had one of the fold up full 5 gallon water container in the back of my AC. About a week ago I was going to the store, took a corner to fast parked jumped out and did some shopping. When I cam back there was a water fall coming out of my truck! I guess it spilled about 3.5 gallons of water in the back drivers side. Now my truck smells like moldy old water! How do I get the smell out?
Old 09-14-2010, 02:35 PM   #2
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
#1 - sop up the water with whatever you have in your ride

#2 - dehumidify until it stops raining

#3 - take out the interior

#4 - take out the carpet to clean and air dry

#5 - clean and dry the floor with water and towels

then have a beer
Old 09-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Spill 3.5 gallons of Fabreze.

I'd dry it, get a dehumidifier if you can and run it for a few days. Then have a detailer go through the interior and clean the hell out of it.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:24 PM   #4
T-REX
ninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nick
ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ninorth Send a message via Yahoo to ninorth
Thanks!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:22 PM   #5
BarkSlayer is on a distinguished road

Name: Jim
BarkSlayer's Tacoma Gallery
Most high-end detailing shops have an ionizer that may work well for getting that stink out, but in the case of water, just getting it dried well is the key.