1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing Logos

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by tarponn, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Jul 13, 2008 at 7:59 AM
    tarponn

tarponn [OP] New Member

Member:
    glendale Utah
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    none
    Hello, I want to remove the Toyota logo from the tailgate and sides of my Tacoma. Does anyone know how to do it? I love my truck I just want a very clean look. Thanks Tarponn

2. Jul 13, 2008 at 8:07 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
  3. Jul 13, 2008 at 8:08 AM
    rpoint16

rpoint16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Off-Road, Super White.
    Bone Stock
    Decal or emblem?

When I first got my Tacoma last Sept, I was wondering the same thing. I was considering taking the TRD stickers off the side.

I took it to a proffesional body shop. They said the decals will peel right off being it's so new, with minimal residule. They could wipe off the residule with a chemical.

I did'nt do it though, wish I did.

4. Jul 13, 2008 at 3:05 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    I used a hair drier.Took my time.I'll be using goo gone to clean it up.

5. Jul 13, 2008 at 3:10 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Be careful when you using the goo gone it made my paint foggy.

6. Jul 13, 2008 at 6:12 PM
    NHinAK

NHinAK Active Member

Member:
    Anchorage
    Vehicle:
    08 Tundra TRD
    -Debadged
    I used a heat gun and took my time. After heating the decal for a minute or so, I was able to gently pry a corner of the decal up. Everything went smooth from there. If you use a heat gun be very careful that you don't "overheat" the paint.

I used Goo Gone after I got the decal off and rubbed very gently with my finger until all the adhesive residue was off. I then wiped away the residual Goo Gone, washed the area and re-applied the wax.

IMG_8253_cad61c2fef720d2a35cd1082dd0f4b03bcedbdf6.jpg

7. Jul 14, 2008 at 9:46 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    1) I'd recommend a hair dryer over a heat gun- Heat guns can get away from you quick and bubble your paint. Hair dryers aren't usually as hot- but can still mess paint up-soo
    2) Take your time

3)IMHO-Use Goo Gone at your own peril. I've seen that stuff do a number on paint. Clean it off really REALLY well and re-coat with wax.
    Insted- I used a cleaner/wax (it's sold for motorcycles) to get the residue off and then cleaned the truck.

8. Jul 15, 2008 at 8:06 PM
    45longcolt

45longcolt Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Off Road
    I used a pair of leather gloves and some fishing line. Sawed right through the glue/adhesive. Never even touched the body with the line. Mine had a rubber type backing that I then peeled off. I removed the left over glue with WD40 and some elbow grease. It's slow but very safe to the paint. After the glue is gone use WinDex to remove the WD40. :)

[​IMG]

9. Jul 24, 2008 at 1:19 PM
    chris L

chris L Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 taco dbl cab , debadged 4x4 trd off road
    hair dryer for decal low heat and keep it moving
    50# fishing line for the logo's with a sawing action any left over silicone remove by rubbing with your finger .
    I even replaced my stock grill for a carrage works billet grille

10. Jul 24, 2008 at 2:31 PM
    cleanTRDmachine

cleanTRDmachine watch the meat

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Q-Town, PA
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    tint gray camo seat covers debadged color matched grille surround off of 06 TRD sport grillecraft black mesh grille Hella 500's demudflapped Toyota rear leaf TSB (first edition) 265/75/16 BFG AT TA KO's Flowmaster Super 40 #952445 Maglite Mod AntennaX 13in antenna Painted Lower Valance Vision X H4 Xenon headlights Halo Solaris H10 foglights Velocity Offroad 2.5 leveling kit (removed) Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers Rocky Mounts Clutch SD bike mount 4ft combo lock cable for bed extender Stage I interior LED's Toytec 1.5" AALs Extang Trifold Signature Series Bed Cover Reese front mounted tow hook Icon Stage 1 Suspension
    you can use a $30 heat gun from Lowes, turn it on low heat and move it from side to side across the badge. once heated, take the fishing line and with a sawing motion go behind the badge to cut it away from the adhesive (do not let the line rub against the paint on the truck, will cause scratches)

i used the spray goo gone, adhesive came off pretty good. washed the areas and now it's good to go!

i took all badges off except Tacoma on the tailgate

then you can perform the "Dog Mod"...
    [​IMG]

here's a pic of the side after debadging.....
    [​IMG]

P.S. if you're trying to perform the debadge on a gen 1 Taco, it's alot harder....the badges are totally different from gen 2. the badges are like hard rubber stickers. use the same steps as everyone else said, but it takes more time and patience because you have to do letter by letter :mad:

11. Jul 24, 2008 at 2:36 PM
    zombot

zombot Scavenger

Member:
    savannah
    Vehicle:
    08 white debadged panda
    bull bar and offroad lights, tool box and other minor storage mods
    i used dental floss. had to go through a couple strings for each badge,
    but it won't scratch the paint like fishing linemight.

i didn't even heat them. just sawed slowly batch and forth.
    cleaned with finger and goo gone.

Products Discussed in

To Top