Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Removing Logos

Old 07-13-2008, 07:59 AM   #1
tarponn is on a distinguished road
Navy: submarine service
tarponn's Tacoma Gallery
Removing Logos

Hello, I want to remove the Toyota logo from the tailgate and sides of my Tacoma. Does anyone know how to do it? I love my truck I just want a very clean look. Thanks Tarponn
Old 07-13-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-question.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...debadging.html
Old 07-13-2008, 08:08 AM   #3
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
Decal or emblem?

When I first got my Tacoma last Sept, I was wondering the same thing. I was considering taking the TRD stickers off the side.

I took it to a proffesional body shop. They said the decals will peel right off being it's so new, with minimal residule. They could wipe off the residule with a chemical.

I did'nt do it though, wish I did.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
I used a hair drier.Took my time.I'll be using goo gone to clean it up.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:10 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Be careful when you using the goo gone it made my paint foggy.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #6
NHinAK is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Crew Chief
NHinAK's Tacoma Gallery
I used a heat gun and took my time. After heating the decal for a minute or so, I was able to gently pry a corner of the decal up. Everything went smooth from there. If you use a heat gun be very careful that you don't "overheat" the paint.

I used Goo Gone after I got the decal off and rubbed very gently with my finger until all the adhesive residue was off. I then wiped away the residual Goo Gone, washed the area and re-applied the wax.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:46 AM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
1) I'd recommend a hair dryer over a heat gun- Heat guns can get away from you quick and bubble your paint. Hair dryers aren't usually as hot- but can still mess paint up-soo
2) Take your time

3)IMHO-Use Goo Gone at your own peril. I've seen that stuff do a number on paint. Clean it off really REALLY well and re-coat with wax.
Insted- I used a cleaner/wax (it's sold for motorcycles) to get the residue off and then cleaned the truck.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #8
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
I used a pair of leather gloves and some fishing line. Sawed right through the glue/adhesive. Never even touched the body with the line. Mine had a rubber type backing that I then peeled off. I removed the left over glue with WD40 and some elbow grease. It's slow but very safe to the paint. After the glue is gone use WinDex to remove the WD40.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:19 PM   #9
chris L will become famous soon enough

Army: tank driver 4bn 69th Armor
chris L's Tacoma Gallery
hair dryer for decal low heat and keep it moving
50# fishing line for the logo's with a sawing action any left over silicone remove by rubbing with your finger .
I even replaced my stock grill for a carrage works billet grille
Old 07-24-2008, 02:31 PM   #10
watch the meat
cleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
cleanTRDmachine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cleanTRDmachine
you can use a $30 heat gun from Lowes, turn it on low heat and move it from side to side across the badge. once heated, take the fishing line and with a sawing motion go behind the badge to cut it away from the adhesive (do not let the line rub against the paint on the truck, will cause scratches)

i used the spray goo gone, adhesive came off pretty good. washed the areas and now it's good to go!

i took all badges off except Tacoma on the tailgate

then you can perform the "Dog Mod"...

here's a pic of the side after debadging.....

P.S. if you're trying to perform the debadge on a gen 1 Taco, it's alot harder....the badges are totally different from gen 2. the badges are like hard rubber stickers. use the same steps as everyone else said, but it takes more time and patience because you have to do letter by letter
Old 07-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #11
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
i used dental floss. had to go through a couple strings for each badge,
but it won't scratch the paint like fishing linemight.

i didn't even heat them. just sawed slowly batch and forth.
cleaned with finger and goo gone.