Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

TRD seat covers - Any experience?

Old 09-30-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
BarkSlayer is on a distinguished road

Name: Jim
BarkSlayer's Tacoma Gallery
TRD seat covers - Any experience?

I'm looking to pick up a set of the factory TRD seat covers for my '07 and wondered if anyone had any experience installing these things? Is it an easy thing to do or does it involve disassembling everything to pull them on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:34 AM   #2
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Instructor: AAAB/Bravo Co 1-210 AVN REGT/128th AVN BDE (Provisional)
Name: Ryan Mathis
Location: Lives: Newport News, VA(soon to be Ft. Carson)/Home: Leesburg, GA
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
they are pretty easy to install. just make sure u put the covers on the correct sides
Old 10-03-2010, 03:47 AM   #3
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
love mine

easy to install, easy to clean, easy to love
Old 10-03-2010, 05:29 AM   #4
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarkSlayer View Post
I'm looking to pick up a set of the factory TRD seat covers for my '07 and wondered if anyone had any experience installing these things? Is it an easy thing to do or does it involve disassembling everything to pull them on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you have an impact and a BIG compressor...
Old 10-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
roadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant future

Name: Jessica
roadrashchic's Tacoma Gallery
I got them.. and love them!!! especially cause I have my white pitbull in my truck sometimes and it's easier cleaning the hair off the rubber part... they were really easy to install and haven't had a problem

however my mom got the same set on her 07 taco... and some reason hers keep sliding out of the socket... she had to tight a string to it and shimmy rig it ... (shrugs)
Old 10-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
I'm crackin eggs of wisdom
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Curt (krt)
Shiftin2Sixth's Tacoma Gallery
I had them and got rid of them. I liked the look and the feel but during the summer they didnt breathe.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #7
roadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant futureroadrashchic has a brilliant future

Name: Jessica
roadrashchic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin2Sixth View Post
I had them and got rid of them. I liked the look and the feel but during the summer they didnt breathe.
I didn't really have a problem in the summer... (shrugs)

when I lived in CA... and now that I live in NM... where the summers are hotter... maybe if I was wearing shorts it would sting a bit at first.. lol...

but taco's have SWEET A/C's that kick in pronto!