LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

tar removal?

Old 07-18-2008, 07:43 AM   #1
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
tar removal?

welp i got some tar on the brand new white tacoma anyone got any good tips on getting tar off your vehicle safely? What to use were to buy it?
Old 07-18-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
A) Get a spray on cleaner/wax (like plexus) and let it soak- Rub gently till it softens and comes off.
B) Get Turtle wax Bug and Tar (or any other brand you like- Just look around for the right stuff)
C) (Last resort) Mayonaise- Wipe some on there and let it sit for about 5-10 mins (Till the tar is soft) and then rub gently to get it off.

Key is to be gentle and take your time to get soft and then not scratch the paint polishing it off.

Good luck!!

PS- Be sure to wash it afterwards to get all of whatever cleaner you use off and then re-wax to make the next time easier to clean up.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:51 AM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Waxing regularly helps prevent things from getting stuck.

In love bug country, I've heard of people spraying down the front of their truck with WD-40 to keep the bugs from sticking.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:49 PM   #4
MikeS. will become famous soon enough

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
I use wd-40 to remove tar.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
Mine's the silver one...
SilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the rough

SilverMac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS. View Post
I use wd-40 to remove tar.
Same here... soak it for a few minutes and it should come off pretty easy...
Old 07-22-2008, 08:17 PM   #7
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanTRDmachine View Post
I use the same stuff cleanTRD uses. It even takes off some rub marks that might have been made by the front bumper of a Grand Cherokee...
Old 07-22-2008, 09:17 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
stoner makes some pretty decent stuff for tar removal.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:21 PM   #10
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
what about some goo gone??
Old 07-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #11
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Stoner makes some pretty awesome stuff...I'm all about them.
their products are made in Quarryville, PA very close to my house. It's an excellent product line
their invisible glass is friggin awesome too man!! thats all i use to clean our mirrors and glass in the house and the car/truck!! use it with crumpled newspaper......works great!!
Old 07-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #12
watch the meat
cleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
cleanTRDmachine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cleanTRDmachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
use it with crumpled newspaper......works great!!
i actually love using it with paper towels, i find that the easiest

especially since i only get the paper on Sat and Sun

*edit, if you go on Stoners website, you can enter a daily/weekly drawing for coupons, goodies, shirts and full car care kits...SWEET!
...i think i'll make a thread about it!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #13

Quote:
i actually love using it with paper towels, i find that the easiest

especially since i only get the paper on Sat and Sun

*edit, if you go on Stoners website, you can enter a daily/weekly drawing for coupons, goodies, shirts and full car care kits...SWEET!
...i think i'll make a thread about it!!!
sweet!!1 thanks for the heads up about their site!! by the way.......i have about fifteen newspapers saved in my car detailing section....the wife finds it to be on the gooft side....i call it "prepared"!!