Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Front badge and Grill

Old 10-07-2010, 08:39 AM   #1
mwkeasler is on a distinguished road
mwkeasler's Tacoma Gallery
Front badge and Grill

Hello all,

I am starting to murder out my black 05 taco. I was wondering if anyone had any guides or posts about how to remove to front grill to paint it black.

Thanks for the help
Old 10-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
It's very easy to remove. Pop the hood, remove the 2 screws on the top of the grille, pop the rivit looking things (use a flat head screw driver to pop the top up, then the whole thing will pull out). Once the screws and rivits are out, the grille pops out (pull straight up, there's a clip holding it at the bottom). Then sand with high grit, prime or adhesion promotor (you'll hear mixed reviews on using primer or adhesion promotor but both work), and paint. Krylon Fusion works well on plastic but you're limited on colors. Not sure if you're just blacking things out or trying to match a black sand pearl colored truck.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
mwkeasler is on a distinguished road
mwkeasler's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you very much!

I am just looking to blacken everything out, not really trying to match the sand pearl color of my truck. Going to use the same paint on the badges.

This is going to be my little project today. Been putting it off for way to long, finally going to get it done. Thank you again!