Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Xzilon Protection

Old 10-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
CelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kate
CelticTaco151's Tacoma Gallery
Xzilon Protection

Hey All, I just brought home my new Tacoma today, and I had the dealer put on the Xzilon Protection. Everything looks fine, and they did a good job with the application. Has anyone had it for a while that can say whether or not it was worth it? It wasn't very expensive, but I have heard some people have had problems because it wasn't applied properly. Others say when it was done right, it really helped with quick wipe offs and sticky goop (ex: bird crap/tree sap). Any thoughts?
Old 11-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
KauaiSandRambler is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
KauaiSandRambler's Tacoma Gallery
A little late but I opted out 3 years ago when I got my truck, I purchased xzilon on ebay for $20 (which was enough to do my truck and wife's car) put it on and worked great. I didn't do the interior but you can get it too for just as cheap. just apply and wipe off. I actually just got another can to reapply. Its definately better than wax but to say it's worth $500 not really.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #3
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
I don't mean to rain on your parade.. But its just a good waxing. I'm sure they say its something special.. but its on the top of the list of things not to buy at the dealer. When the finance guy starts giving you the speil on the "extras" initial no and move on. For instance, they wanted to tint my windows for $210, using the same guy I use for $73.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:55 AM   #4
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
Xzilon Protection?? sorry its snake oil.......its a wax job, if that.
I hope you did not get zinged to bad having to pay xtra for.

These so called xtras are total "stealer profit".
And if you got the fabric protector..... its a can of scotch guard.

This all falls under my snake oil file..along with the extended warranty they try and sell.
Extended warranty math is simple...the odds in the math are you will never use it. And if you are buying a vehicle that requires an extended warranty..you may want to reconsider your purchase. Just an observation.... hope this helps.

Sorry...bad news does not get better with age.

But thats the truth.