Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

rocker flares: experience? opinions?

Old 07-24-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
rocker flares: experience? opinions?

thinking about getting these
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...8QQCRE613.html

black rocker flares to continue my black accents on my white taco.
$189 seems damn good for something that size in the tacoma accessory market, don't think i can pass it up.
plus accessories for the length of the reg cabs are rare it seems. i can't find nerf bars for example.
i hate my taco's bare white belly, and heard some good thumps to it from gravel and sticks yesterday going through some back roads.
so are these things worth it?
i'm assuming install is pretty easy as well. seems like there are already some holes down there or something.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Flares look great i think
Old 07-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #3
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
seems a bit hi for plastic
several companies make nerf bars for reg cab and around that price
just google
aries black 202014 and 20214-2 $254

PLASTIC phony nerf bars for $189 ?
but technically they run down the entire length of the truck- that's them in back too, a substitiute for mudflaps
i think it's like a six peice set (two middle sections, broken at bed/cab, and two rear flares. all for $189)
good point about the other bars though, i'll check them out. i hadn't seen any reg cab ones yet.
edit: those aires bars are for reg cab tundra. wouldn't that be too long for a reg cab tacoma?