LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How to fix weather stripping?

Old 10-20-2010, 01:18 AM   #1
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
How to fix weather stripping?

Not sure if this is exactly a detailing question, but how do I fix this?

There is a metal tab holding it in on one side, but not the other. What I'm wondering is if I can just get some kind of adhesive and stick it back in, or if I need to try to find a new tab?

The previous owner told me that the back window had been smashed in, so the center section of it has been replaced. Probably why the weather stripping is hanging down like that.
Attached Thumbnails
How to fix weather stripping?-weatherstripping.jpg  
Old 11-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
There's an adhesive to do anything.. But its hard to see what you're working with, and i dont have a first gen to go look at anymore.

You may be able to order a new strip from your dealer. Check for a website with exploded parts diagrams for "collision" parts.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:06 AM   #3
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You know, you got me thinking. So I pulled the diagrams from the manual. That piece of weather stripping doesn't exist in the diagrams. Then I went and pulled it off. What I thought was a factory metal clip was just a bent piece of metal shoved in to keep it from falling out. It's a piece of generic window weather stripping somebody had glued into the channel on the top.

So, problem fixed by removing unnecessary weather stripping. There is another seal in the sliding window channel. That's the factory one.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:21 AM   #4
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Might have been there to stop water from running in.. or attempt to.
Hopefully you didn't just uncover a long lost leak.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
Might have been there to stop water from running in.. or attempt to.
Hopefully you didn't just uncover a long lost leak.
Since the only part of it that's been attached has been a 2" section on one side, I kinda doubt I've uncovered a leak. It's been like that for over a year. There is another strip of the exact same stuff on the bottom. That, I'm not planning to touch.