Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

what's pep boys problem?! jap-haters?

Old 07-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
what's pep boys problem?! jap-haters?

well, pep boys and perhaps a couple of other chains..
seems like toyo accessories were lacking at autozone or o'reilly or something too.

but pep boys in particular- what do they have against 'foreign' cars and trucks?

ford, chevy and dodge accessories as far as the eye can see but not ONE toyota accessory in the joint. not one JAPANESE truck whats-it at all.
even with products like vent visors and bug deflectors...not one japanese part.

and it's not like they are out of stock- they shelves are FULL of ford junk, etc.

just something i've been noticing as i run around for stuff. it's gotten to where i really have no reason to go there.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i know the feeling.....went to pepbpys looking for a toyota hat.............none anywhere. but they had plenty of ford,chevy and dodge crap!!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #3
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
well, to be honest, alot of the truck stuff they do have is stick-on plasti-chrome shit anyway, that i would never want
but my overwhelming observation is that they are very 'huge american truck' prejudiced.
most places are still full-size truck-heavy in their stock too.
took me forever to find my midsized box in this town, still can't find much without going online. shipping and waiting is starting to kill me.

they better catch on, more people are going to be owning smaller foreign trucks and they need to start freaking stocking the right stuff.

ARGH! pep boys just pissed me off today. sorry.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:21 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
come on, you don't want some stick on chrome vents???

Yeah, I've heard that the Tacoma is the Number 1 when it comes to customization. It would seem like the stores would get the idea.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #5
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I really don't think it's them. I've read on a few places that Toyota corp. is really selective and really protective of the Toyota nameplate, that's why you won't see too much authentic Toyota logo stuff selling anywhere.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #6
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
I really don't think it's them. I've read on a few places that Toyota corp. is really selective and really protective of the Toyota nameplate, that's why you won't see too much authentic Toyota logo stuff selling anywhere.
^^I've also read that (can't remember where though)
Old 07-24-2008, 08:52 PM   #7
Scavenger

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
i wasn't so much wanting things with the toyo emblem, but things made for toyota, know what i mean?
and in looking realized they had no japanese truck accessories (vent visors,bug deflector, tonneau covers, anything...)
apart from the few universal things like mudflaps, bed extenders,bull bars...(most of which were still for full size trucks) there weren't any accessories for midsize foreign trucks or their measurements.