Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How to remove Rain-X...?

Old 07-26-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
How to remove Rain-X...?

I put some Rain-X on my side windows and now I can't seem to ever get a streak free look to the windows anymore. What will cut the Rain-X from the glass? Vinegar and water? Acetone? WinDex and Invisible Glass will not cut it.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:16 PM   #2
Wife thinks I am done Modding truck
Imrubicon is on a distinguished road

Army: Crash rescue\Medivac
Imrubicon's Tacoma Gallery
polish with windex and newspaper the black and white pages not color
Old 07-26-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
windex and newspaper will work, and stoner invisible glass and newspaper will do the trick also!!
Old 07-27-2008, 06:10 PM   #6
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I used the Invisible Glass and newspaper and I be damned it worked. No streaks to speak of. Only problem now is how to get rid of all of that newspaper dust left electrostatically sticking to my glass. I bet a blast of canned air would move it on out of there. I don't think the IG removed it, just cleaned it well enough so no streaks were visible. I'll see how it goes from here. No rain to speak of here in the Metroplex for quite some time so I can't test the Rain-X yet or my BHLM lamps I put in July 4th. It'll happen one day and maybe the new of the RAin-X will settle down.

Yes it was in the sun when I applied it.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:10 PM   #7
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #8
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombot View Post
friggin sweet!!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #9
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
ha- i almost posted some topless ones but didn't wanna swing this blog NSFW without permission.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:40 PM   #10

Quote:
ha- i almost posted some topless ones but didn't wanna swing this blog NSFW without permission.

go to the underground forum here.....to the missileman thread. still cant be nude....but close is always welcome!!
Old 07-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #11
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
rainx can be wierd at times... it usually takes me a day or two to get the windows back to how theyre suppoesd to be.
after application, i buff on the windows pretty good wtih a microfiber towel to get rid of the haze. have to do it over several days to get it it all as it all dries up it becomes easy to remove.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #12
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
Just from my experience you have to buff the crap out of that stuff. Once it dries a little bit and buff it, I put a little water on the towel and buff a little more. That seems to work pretty well.

Quote:
^^Can I order those buffers online??^^
Old 08-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #13

After some time now and a good rain finally, the stuff seems to be working OK. Not smearing like it was at first so I guess it just needs time to settle in and dry some. The crumpled up newspaper and Invisible Glass worked like a charm this time around.