Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Upholstery Stain Removal Help

Old 10-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
bajaracer is on a distinguished road
Name: Charly
bajaracer's Tacoma Gallery
Upholstery Stain Removal Help

The rear seat on my DC has numerous water/soda/juice stains (thnx to my nephews/nieces) that are very stubborn to remove. I have tried Prestone Carpet/Upholstery cleaner aswell as a damp warm cloth yet nothing works. Does anyone have any ideas how toclean this up, I dont want to have to pay to have it steam clean.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:16 AM   #2
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
I have one of these machines, and it's the best for cleaning inside your car. Just remember to use really hot water.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:24 AM   #3
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I used Tuff Stuff on my truck this weekend and my shit looks brand new compared to how it was. (The previous owners were dirty as hell)
Old 10-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #4
Living the dream !!!
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
How long have the stains been there? Allowing a stain to "set" makes removing it more difficult.. best practice is to clean stains as soon after they occur as possible.

But, in any case: Mix one teaspoon of a mild, ph-balanced detergent with one cup of warm water, then blot from the outside in. Follow this with blotting the stain with a mixture of one-third cup white vinegar with two-thirds cup water. When finished, use a clean, white towel to absorb any excess, allow the area to dry.

I have used this technique myself and fr non-organic fabrics (like those in our trucks) it works well. Expect to take 15-20 minutes total for the repeated application and blotting. And use really hot water.

Cheers!
Old 01-15-2015, 10:38 PM   #5
wilburngweston is on a distinguished road
Name: Smith
wilburngweston's Tacoma Gallery
The carbonation in sodas will help you clean spilled beverages rapidly, however act quick in light of the fact that a percentage of the colors in the beverage can forever stain your covering. Smudge up the spilled beverage. Blend 1 teaspoon mellow cleanser, 1 teaspoon white vinegar, and 1 quart warm water. Apply it on the spot. Let the rug dry. On the off chance that the spot remains, rehash the system. Vacuum tenderly.