1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Upholstery Stain Removal Help

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by bajaracer, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Oct 26, 2010 at 7:45 PM
    bajaracer

bajaracer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charly
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    05 PRERUNNER DBLCAB SPORT 4.0
    AEM DRY BRUTE FORCE, FLOWMASTER 50 SERIES, 285/70/17 BFG'S AT KO2'S MOTO METALS 17X8 885's with 5100's LOUD STEREO
    The rear seat on my DC has numerous water/soda/juice stains (thnx to my nephews/nieces) that are very stubborn to remove. I have tried Prestone Carpet/Upholstery cleaner aswell as a damp warm cloth yet nothing works. Does anyone have any ideas how toclean this up, I dont want to have to pay to have it steam clean.

2. Oct 27, 2010 at 11:16 PM
    ppham444

ppham444 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phuong
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2023 White TRD Off-Road doublecab
    I have one of these machines, and it's the best for cleaning inside your car. Just remember to use really hot water.
    [​IMG]

3. Oct 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    I used Tuff Stuff on my truck this weekend and my shit looks brand new compared to how it was. (The previous owners were dirty as hell)

4. Oct 27, 2010 at 11:25 PM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Ford Guy (Formerly known as a Toyota Guy)

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5l Eco
    First month of ownership... This month I'm removing front air dam, and also Rhino lining the bed.
    How long have the stains been there? Allowing a stain to "set" makes removing it more difficult.. best practice is to clean stains as soon after they occur as possible.

But, in any case: Mix one teaspoon of a mild, ph-balanced detergent with one cup of warm water, then blot from the outside in. Follow this with blotting the stain with a mixture of one-third cup white vinegar with two-thirds cup water. When finished, use a clean, white towel to absorb any excess, allow the area to dry.

I have used this technique myself and fr non-organic fabrics (like those in our trucks) it works well. Expect to take 15-20 minutes total for the repeated application and blotting. And use really hot water.

Cheers!

5. Jan 15, 2015 at 9:38 PM
    wilburngweston

wilburngweston New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Smith
    Colorado
    The carbonation in sodas will help you clean spilled beverages rapidly, however act quick in light of the fact that a percentage of the colors in the beverage can forever stain your covering. Smudge up the spilled beverage. Blend 1 teaspoon mellow cleanser, 1 teaspoon white vinegar, and 1 quart warm water. Apply it on the spot. Let the rug dry. On the off chance that the spot remains, rehash the system. Vacuum tenderly.

6. Aug 25, 2018 at 9:08 AM
    MuddyJackson

MuddyJackson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eva
    Billings, Montana
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Base 4x4 6 speed
    I have next week off work and want to thoroughly clean my upholstery. Assuming the weathers decent, my plan is to take the two front seats out, put them in the sun and use an OxiClean spray formula. Spray let it soak in a little and use a soft bristle brush, then let them sit in the sun. Any other input ?

7. Aug 26, 2018 at 4:13 PM
    rickm

rickm Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2018 BLK Tacoma TRD Pro
    Depends on the stains, I've tried a lot of different products and methods. None have been 100%. Currently using Poorboy's World Enzyme Stain & Odor Remover with decent results.

MuddyJackson likes this.
  8. Aug 26, 2018 at 4:21 PM
    MuddyJackson

MuddyJackson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eva
    Billings, Montana
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Base 4x4 6 speed
    I thought about using one of those pet enzyme cleaners, it worked wonders on the stains and stench of my 5 year old hiking boots.

9. Aug 27, 2018 at 11:45 AM
    PackCon

PackCon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Vehicle:
    2017 Subaru Forester Limited
    Pay to have them steam cleaned. Its really not that expensive and its going to be about the only way to properly clean the fabric through to the foam.

And honestly... steam cleaning is less abraisive than scrubbing it with chemical products. So it will save you a lot of wear on your seats.

Once they are steam cleaned go get yourself a can of Scotch Guard and spray the seats down.

10. Sep 17, 2018 at 6:39 AM
    Silentwolf

Silentwolf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma SR
    Cruise Control,Led Reverse lights, Weathertech mudflaps, Weathertech headlight protectors,Lund stepbar, Interior Leds, AVS Hoodflector, AVS In-Channel Ventvisor, aFe Pro DRY S airfilter, K & N cabin airfilter, A/C drain valve, Mostplus Led Headlights
    Folex is my go to for upholstery or carpet stains. Pick it up at Home Depot or Lowes. Or use L.A.s Totally Awesome from the Dollar Tree its cheap, works, but strong smelling.

Products Discussed in

To Top