1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Detailed the Taco

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Avsguy33, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Oct 29, 2010 at 4:18 PM
    Avsguy33

Avsguy33 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    With winter coming and pretty much nothing to protect the taco I decided since its 70+ here in Denver today that spending the day giving it some TLC would be a good idea before the snow flies.

Washed is up as normal with Meguires soap and some Wesley's Bleech White on the whitewalls of the KM2's.

Then onto the clay bar with Meguires quick detailer. I love this step, not too much work although it takes a bit to do the whole truck. Makes waxing and removing wax so much easier and cleans off the fine dirt before adding wax.

This is just after clay bar.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once the truck was clayed it was on to Meguires gold class wax. Can you tell I like Meguires products? This part I hate, you always like doing the hood but once that is done the job just begins to suck until you are done.

Did the back half first since the sun was coming through the garage on the front end. Then flipped it around and added wax to front of truck.

Pic of the tailgate after wax.

[​IMG]

Waiting for the wax to try I did some research on Relentless Fab's front bumber and got carried away and let the wax dry way too long so wax was a PITA to get off but threw some quick detailer on the tough spots and it helped a ton to remove the wax.

Some finished shots after apllying a little spray on tire dressing. I hate the spray on because it slings too easy but dont really have a choice with the KM2's. If anyone has any suggestions on good stuff that wont take me an hour to apply to the tires let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All shots were with my iphone so pictures arent the best quality. Probably with throw on another coat sometime this weekend but im done for the day. All was done by hand, not bad for a 16 year old truck.

2. Oct 29, 2010 at 4:33 PM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Not bad at all.

You might want to look into this Megs product then top with Gold Class.

3. Oct 29, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    Sunburst

Sunburst Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RC
    Headwaters of the Everglades
    Vehicle:
    Pyrite DC 4x4 Long Bed
    Revtek 3" lift, HID Headlights/Fogs, Tinted windows, Leather Seats, Weather Tech floor mats & Side Window deflectors, LED lights
    Nice job it looks good, you put me to shame at the moment.. Its been 50 days since our last rain in Central Florida and I work 2 miles down a shell road so the truck is Knarly...I envy the 70+ weather in your area. We have had 74/75 degrees at five in the morning with low 90's the last two weeks, I'm ready for a change up in temps...

4. Oct 29, 2010 at 7:24 PM
    Avsguy33

Avsguy33 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'll envy you in about 2 months when its like 15 degrees here and you are in the 60's or 70's.

5. Oct 29, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    Sunburst

Member:
    First Name:
    RC
    Vehicle:
    Pyrite DC 4x4 Long Bed
    Revtek 3" lift, HID Headlights/Fogs, Tinted windows, Leather Seats, Weather Tech floor mats & Side Window deflectors, LED lights
    I hear ya!!! :D

6. Oct 29, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    Sunburst

Member:
    First Name:
    RC
    Vehicle:
    Pyrite DC 4x4 Long Bed
    Its like living on another planet when I see pics like those!!! I just watched the forecast and we are cooling down next week, highs 84 - lows 63 with humidity and dewpoint around 71%...Brrrrr

If we got as cool as your picture my career in Citrus management would have ended a long time ago...

7. Oct 30, 2010 at 7:02 AM
    Sunburst

Member:
    First Name:
    RC
    Vehicle:
    Pyrite DC 4x4 Long Bed
    Grin.... My son went swimming in the pool last night, but the water was only 80 degrees so they got out because it was too cold...Your fireplace and captains and coke sound great but icy with 32-20 degrees does not sound fun. I could last about a week up there but would go nuts after that, we are too accustomed of green year round and the sun always shining... Email me when you get a hunger for some fresh fruit and I'll send you some citrus....

Take care....

Products Discussed in

To Top