Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Ice rocks falling from the sky, make me wanna cry......

Old 07-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #1
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Ice rocks falling from the sky, make me wanna cry......

So yesterday at night a storm begin, first some rain then begin to drop small balls of ice until they were about 1/2" in diameter, i could not put my truck under cover cause my house only has 1 covered parked space, all i could is put my truck under a small tree and pray for the best.... well, now its morning and i just counted about 10 small dings only in my hood, and some other 5 on my roof..... I'm gonna post some pictures later, they are small, i hope i can take them away easy..... I'm just so pissed and sad..... my insurance deductible is 3% about $900, so i don't know what would be cheaper.....

Old 07-30-2008, 09:18 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
So yesterday at night a storm begin, first some rain then begin to drop small balls of ice until they were about 1/2" in diameter, i could not put my truck under cover cause my house only has 1 covered parked space, all i could is put my truck under a small tree and pray for the best.... well, now its morning and i just counted about 10 small dings only in my hood, and some other 5 on my roof..... I'm gonna post some pictures later, they are small, i hope i can take them away easy..... I'm just so pissed and sad..... my insurance deductible is 3% about $900, so i don't know what would be cheaper.....
sorry to hear about the hail dents dude!!1 that really sucks!!1 if i were you, i'd get a quote at a paintless dent repair place before i did anything.,.........may be cheaper than going thru insurance. or you may be able to try the dry ice method on them and see if that works!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:19 AM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
that sucks. Try to do the dry ice/hairdryer trick. Let us know if it works.

In the US, we call that hail. I like "Ice Rocks" though.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:27 AM   #4
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
that sucks. Try to do the dry ice/hairdryer trick. Let us know if it works.

In the US, we call that hail. I like "Ice Rocks" though.
OK, i didnt knew about hail we call it granizo, which stands for grain, like corn grain and stuff.... thanks for the new word added to dictionary LOL

yea, im gonna try and do the dry ice method see if it works, im just astonished, my sisters car was parked next to my truck and she only got a couple of tiny dents....
Old 07-30-2008, 09:44 AM   #5

check pictures above
Old 07-30-2008, 09:46 AM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
so, that is what your finger looks like!

Sorry, but I can't really see the dents. Pictures are horrible at showing small dents. I'd try to gently push them out from below.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:46 AM   #7
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Did I miss something? I never heard of this dry ice method, anybody care to explain?
Old 07-30-2008, 09:47 AM   #8

check this out klown

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/820799...asy_and_cheap/
Old 07-30-2008, 09:47 AM   #9
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I saw a video on metacafe that had someone hold dry ice to the dent and then heated up the area all around the dent with a heat gun and the dent popped out.

Edit: That's the one.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
so, that is what your finger looks like!

Sorry, but I can't really see the dents. Pictures are horrible at showing small dents. I'd try to gently push them out from below.
yea, they are small, and the light is no good.... but if you look at the image the reflections distort where the dent is.....
Old 07-30-2008, 09:52 AM   #11
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ahh, thanks dude, I never heard of this before. Make sure you give us a full report of this when you try it.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:57 AM   #12

Sure will klown....

i have a video of the hail dropping, but i don't want to see it or post it, coz I'm pretty sure that you can hear me crying at some point
Old 07-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #13
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear 'bout the storm, keep us posted if you do the dry ice method. Never heard of it & am gonna try it on a nice one I have on the roof & not from hail either!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:00 PM   #14
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
FInd someone who knows how to do the paintless Dent Removal. I just had a good size door ding done on my porsche and it looks flawless. Can't tell it was ever there. Took about 30 minutes and $90.00. Worth every penny. GL.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:08 PM   #15
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
FInd someone who knows how to do the paintless Dent Removal. I just had a good size door ding done on my porsche and it looks flawless. Can't tell it was ever there. Took about 30 minutes and $90.00. Worth every penny. GL.
The dry ice method is the way many PDR guys do it. Though some use compressed air or another cold source. But same concept.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #16

thank you all for your replies and good intentions, im gonna try the ice stuff, i just cant find any supplier....
Old 07-30-2008, 02:16 PM   #17
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
sorry bout those dings!! those things suck especially on that beautiful hood of urs... goodluck with everything!
Old 07-30-2008, 03:18 PM   #18
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thank you all for your replies and good intentions, im gonna try the ice stuff, i just cant find any supplier....
Local supermarkets here sometimes have it.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #19
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
DAMMMMM ED, that focking sucks!!!! I WOULD BE SOO UPSET!!!!!

This is the 1st I have ever heard about the dry-ice trick, WOW..personally I would be shocked if it worked....PLEASE keep us posted!

I hope you can find dry-ice....Seems alot harder to find these days.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
DAMMMMM ED, that focking sucks!!!! I WOULD BE SOO UPSET!!!!!

This is the 1st I have ever heard about the dry-ice trick, WOW..personally I would be shocked if it worked....PLEASE keep us posted!

I hope you can find dry-ice....Seems alot harder to find these days.
luckily i just found a supplier Praxair.... they sell it by kilogram, about $2 USD a kg, so im gonna go and buy a couple and see if it works or is BS, im gonna take a videoclip of the process....