Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Smudges from Debadging

Old 07-31-2008, 06:59 PM   #1
BullKnob is on a distinguished road
BullKnob's Tacoma Gallery
Smudges from Debadging

So I just Debaged my 08 Double Cab and I can still read where the badges were @ a certain angle. I have gone a few rounds with the goof off stuff but I can still read it. Is this because the paint around the badges has faded from the sun? Is there any way to completely remove this please let me know.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:03 PM   #2
PwRTRIp_Xr is on a distinguished road
PwRTRIp_Xr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullKnob View Post
So I just Debaged my 08 Double Cab and I can still read where the badges were @ a certain angle. I have gone a few rounds with the goof off stuff but I can still read it. Is this because the paint around the badges has faded from the sun? Is there any way to completely remove this please let me know.
I use goo gone and had no problems with it, just keep rubbing.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
I can't suggest the "Just keep rubbing" technique- There may not be goo there and rubbing incessantly can create swirls and marks. Try some thing different insted of the same thing that isn't working...

How long has you truck been out of production (look inside the door pillar and check the date) and how long did you leave the badges on it?? (like how many washes and how many months??)
It is possible that the paint has faded enough for it to be noticable.
Get a spray on wax and give that a shot- If you still see it...Get a buffer and hand wax it.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
it'll go away
Old 07-31-2008, 08:09 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
I can't suggest the "Just keep rubbing" technique- There may not be goo there and rubbing incessantly can create swirls and marks. Try some thing different insted of the same thing that isn't working...

How long has you truck been out of production (look inside the door pillar and check the date) and how long did you leave the badges on it?? (like how many washes and how many months??)
It is possible that the paint has faded enough for it to be noticable.
Get a spray on wax and give that a shot- If you still see it...Get a buffer and hand wax it.
Its only been alive for 4 months lol. I just took off the badges and maybe 10 washes, so I don't think it would be faded yet, but who knows.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:58 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullKnob View Post
Its only been alive for 4 months lol. I just took off the badges and maybe 10 washes, so I don't think it would be faded yet, but who knows.
you should be able to clay bar/polish/and wax it and it'll probably blend to where you wont be able to tell the badges were there.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:42 PM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I think you rubbed into to hard go with the wax like BrunesDoesTRD said to clean it up thats what i ended up doing.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #10
Pat will become famous soon enough

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
WD40. Works amazingly on it. Try it. Didn't hurt my paint at all. When I put it on I just wiped it down with a towel and the left over glue came right off.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:01 PM   #11
Cool thx everyone I went and bought a clay bar but some real elbow grease behind it and that seemed to do the trick
Old 08-08-2008, 07:28 AM   #14
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassetdad View Post
I used a product called "De-Solv-It" it's a contractors solvent....
Contractor Solvent for what??

Cause I hear solvent that is "contractor" strength and I think that your paint is at risk unless you do a perfect job cleaning it off with the right cleaner....IDK....
Using a light weight cleaner wax will break up the adhesive and give you a nice shine when you buff it clean @ the end of taking it all off.