Good Idea 1,270 67.81%
Bad Idea 138 7.37%
Plasti-Derp 377 20.13%
I'm jelly... 124 6.62%
You jelly??? 190 10.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1873. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #2041
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fsbrain03's Tacoma Gallery
My feet! Socks are so darned spensive!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #2042
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
If the plasti dip gods really like you they will allow you to have it in chrome. Painting the tail pipe with chrome plasti dip is sweet.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:30 AM   #2043
humphrey242 is on a distinguished road

Name: Garrett
humphrey242's Tacoma Gallery
For my purpose (blacking out the emblems) it did great. No mess and easy to apply. Will it last long? Only time will tell. Like many said if its something you want permanently painted, spend the extra money and get it done right but for me, it worked like a charm.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:59 AM   #2044
And now for something completely different....
Priddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Priddle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capita View Post
Add another one addicted to this stuff. Used it today for the first time. My grill is bedlined but the valance is plasti-dipped.
Looks great. I may do my valance today. How did you tale off the area and then peel the dip for a clean edge?
Old 08-28-2011, 03:24 AM   #2045
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I used newspaper to cover the border ansd taped the paper on the opposite side so the dip wouldn't get caught in the tape. I worked really well.
My brother used painters tape on his Rav4. He peeled it off when the plasti-dip was went. That method worked well for him too. Here is his Rav.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:09 AM   #2046
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priddle View Post
Looks great. I may do my valance today. How did you tale off the area and then peel the dip for a clean edge?
Found a better picture. It's hard to describe but I later took off the skid plate because it was a pain.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:11 PM   #2047
And now for something completely different....
Priddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Priddle's Tacoma Gallery
I did the valance today and the grille emblem. Not sure about the black emblem but like the valance. Either way, the chrome is gone. The Cat plate is stainless steel...ss is allowed lol

p.s. I didn't mean to capture my legs in the pic lol
Attached Thumbnails
THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!-img_0315.jpg  
Old 08-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #2048

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:07 AM   #2049
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to plasti-dip my hood scoop insert tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:05 AM   #2050
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief 62 AMXS
Name: Drew
jeckel7234's Tacoma Gallery
dont know if this has already been posted but heres some more ideas....i thought it was a joke at first
http://youtu.be/vSGOLk2z7YA
Old 08-31-2011, 04:50 PM   #2052
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Plasti Dip your stemwear. LOL
I wonder what the fiancée would say when she got home.........
Old 09-01-2011, 05:26 AM   #2053
709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold

709GADE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capita View Post
Found a better picture. It's hard to describe but I later took off the skid plate because it was a pain.
Just wondering what store you purchased the plastidip from in CB area?
Old 09-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #2054
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 709GADE View Post
Just wondering what store you purchased the plastidip from in CB area?
I bought mine at Home Depot
Old 09-02-2011, 01:47 AM   #2055
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
homedepot is the best.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:49 AM   #2056
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
down the road is a autozone across from homedepot. Paint is literally 60% cheaper for the same bottle at homedepot then it is at autozone...
Old 09-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #2057
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
This thread sucks why am I still subscribed?!

Unsub'd!!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:05 AM   #2058
Taco Jinx...
ewa2fl is on a distinguished road

Name: Ed
ewa2fl's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to ewa2fl
Plast-Dipped Stock Rims

OK, I did the stock rims...
Attached Thumbnails
THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!-09-01-2011-cooper-3s-265-70-16.jpg  
Old 09-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #2059
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
looking for a guide to plasti-dip my sport rims off of the tires and off the truck... did search already, no luck

thanks
Old 09-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #2060
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1999t View Post
looking for a guide to plasti-dip my sport rims off of the tires and off the truck... did search already, no luck

thanks
I wouldn't do it without tires already on. When the tire is put on, there is something that needs to go around the lip of the rim in order to get the tire on which will definitely tear up the dip.

Products Discussed in this Thread