Bad Idea 135 7.24%
Plasti-Derp 374 20.06%
I'm jelly... 124 6.65%
You jelly??? 189 10.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1864. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #2581
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
Oh god. What have I done!

Before

After

Did the passenger side badge tonight. Going to do the back and drivers side tomorrow.

And now all the talk about the hood on a dark blue tacoma, I am thinking about doing that too. LOL.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #2583
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
what u doin?!?!?!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #2584
Dr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant future

Air Force: Active Duty AF physician
Name: Shane
Dr. Sleep's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still amazed how easy this was to do. How long does this usually last?

Old 04-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #2585
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Forever.

depends how many rocks and gravel hit it to be honest
Old 04-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #2586
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Dipped my grill and center caps over the weekend

Sorry

No before pics

But, the grill was your classic offroad chrome
Old 04-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #2587

is that the warn multi mount winch system?
Old 04-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #2589
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
is that the warn multi mount winch system?
nope, just a bumper/brush guard with winch mount. It has been having some peeling problems though, especially on the corners and I have a bend in one section of it. I am thinking about taking it off, removing the paint and getting it redone. I just have decided how yet, I will either get it powdercoated, plasti-dip it (cheapest route), spray can bed liner, or get it coated with a good bed liner.

Over the summer, it is gonna have some lights added to it though, I dont know what type yet though, I was considering a couple smaller LED bars

and on a side note, it sure saved my truck when I rear-ended someone with it (going less than 20), which is how I got the said bend above.

also, I plan on doing the bumper next time I am home from school, what all do I need to know?

(aka: how many cans, and easiest way to take it off)
Old 04-10-2012, 12:14 AM   #2590

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
nope, just a bumper/brush guard with winch mount. It has been having some peeling problems though, especially on the corners and I have a bend in one section of it. I am thinking about taking it off, removing the paint and getting it redone. I just have decided how yet, I will either get it powdercoated, plasti-dip it (cheapest route), spray can bed liner, or get it coated with a good bed liner.

Over the summer, it is gonna have some lights added to it though, I dont know what type yet though, I was considering a couple smaller LED bars

and on a side note, it sure saved my truck when I rear-ended someone with it (going less than 20), which is how I got the said bend above.

also, I plan on doing the bumper next time I am home from school, what all do I need to know?

(aka: how many cans, and easiest way to take it off)

I used one can to do my hood and it's covered pretty well. I would say 2 cans to be on the safe side.

as far as removing the bumper there really isn;t much holding it on i believe there's 3 bolts and 5 plastic clips.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #2591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
I used one can to do my hood and it's covered pretty well. I would say 2 cans to be on the safe side.

as far as removing the bumper there really isn;t much holding it on i believe there's 3 bolts and 5 plastic clips.
Awesome, I figured that, but I haven't been under there and looked yet, so I figured I would ask. When I take it off, I am gonna scrape as much rust as I can off everything that I can get a wire brush at.....then coat it in rustoleum or some sort of rust killer. I have seen it without the bumper when I had some body work done. I went to pick it up and they weren't done (even though they told me they were) and I saw it without bumper, My hitch has a lot of rust on it.

I am wanting a pretty thick coat on it, so I will probably do 2 cans on it. I also plan on doing a part of my hood, my wheels, and my dash surround around my head unit at the same time this summer

I was also thinking about doing my mirrors, since they are fading. They look good when I use mother's back to black, but it doesn't last as long as I want.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #2594
KornSanDiego will become famous soon enough

Army: 2-12 Infantry
Name: alex
KornSanDiego's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking about plasti derping my emblems WHITE! do you guys think this would look good. I originally had my front emblem black but I think tooo much black doesnt look good. Any thoughts or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!-dsc_0846.jpg   THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!-dsc_0854.jpg  
Old 04-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #2595
TX TRD is on a distinguished road
TX TRD's Tacoma Gallery
this stuff is great... i did it last wkend of the grill and rear bumper... i did about 4-5 coats... i will finish up with the front lower valence this wkend.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:37 AM   #2596

Quote:
Originally Posted by KornSanDiego View Post
I was thinking about plasti derping my emblems WHITE! do you guys think this would look good. I originally had my front emblem black but I think tooo much black doesnt look good. Any thoughts or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
I think it would look good, I was actually thinking about it, and still am, but I dont know if I will do it. It just depends

post pictures if you do
Old 04-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #2597

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaPrime View Post
Oh god. What have I done!

Before

After

Did the passenger side badge tonight. Going to do the back and drivers side tomorrow.

And now all the talk about the hood on a dark blue tacoma, I am thinking about doing that too. LOL.
this just made me decided to do my badges and my wheels.

I am too am thinking about doing the hood too, please post pictures if you do. I wont have time to do it for another 3 or 4 weeks until after school is over this semester (then let the plastiderping begin)
Old 04-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #2598
marvin91 is on a distinguished road
Name: Marvin
marvin91's Tacoma Gallery
has anyone used WHITE plasti-dip on the chrome grill of a white taco?? would there be a significant difference between the two whites?? would it look bad?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #2599
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
I dipped....

You can't tell unless you're up close, but I'm gonna do another can... the edges didn't get a good coat.... Plus I plan on doing the rear bumper and the center of the lower valence, so I figure that's a nice round 6 cans (to a case) to order...

I swear I saw somewhere where I could order a case at $24.... gonna have to remember where I saw that at now
Old 04-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #2600
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGT View Post
I dipped....

You can't tell unless you're up close, but I'm gonna do another can... the edges didn't get a good coat.... Plus I plan on doing the rear bumper and the center of the lower valence, so I figure that's a nice round 6 cans (to a case) to order...

I swear I saw somewhere where I could order a case at $24.... gonna have to remember where I saw that at now
keep in mind that the more coats you put, the easier it will come off. try not to go past 3/4 coats (this is after you have laid the first primer coat, spraying enough to get the surface corse enough for the dip to apply itself, if you have something to test the dip on, you will see how it won't apply itself to the object your trying to dip with the first spray).

Products Discussed in this Thread