Bad Idea 139 7.27%
Plasti-Derp 386 20.20%
I'm jelly... 127 6.65%
You jelly??? 193 10.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1911. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2013, 02:02 AM   #3301
"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet"
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
HawaiiTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got on the bandwagon

Side view of the rims done:

Close up of the rim:

Another view, also did the valence but it's hard to tell:

Really like this stuff so I'm thinking of doing the roof and side steps as well
Old 04-16-2013, 06:41 AM   #3302
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
oh man. forgot about this thread. I am gonna do my rear chrome bumper this year, once the weather cooperates.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #3303
Halestorm is on a distinguished road
Name: Blake
Halestorm's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Dipped My Texas Edition rims and tail lights. Nerf Bars are next!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #3304
xxnikkixx85 has a spectacular aura aboutxxnikkixx85 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nikki
xxnikkixx85's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrose View Post
i've been thinking about dipping my rear bumper and front bumper and grill. But, plasti-dip is like 21 bucks a can here, you guys think its worth it at that price, or should i just paint
just go across the border and buy cans from home depot thats what i did. save your self the extra money
Old 04-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #3305
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiTRD View Post
Finally got on the bandwagon

Side view of the rims done:

Close up of the rim:

Another view, also did the valence but it's hard to tell:

Really like this stuff so I'm thinking of doing the roof and side steps as well
Doesn't really work on nerf bars too well. Get into the truck too much and just peeled off quickly :/
Old 04-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #3306
azonicbruce will become famous soon enough

Name: Bruce
azonicbruce's Tacoma Gallery
Completely derped Jeep I saw yesterday:
Old 04-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #3307
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halestorm View Post
Doesn't really work on nerf bars too well. Get into the truck too much and just peeled off quickly :/
Peeled on the step part where it's plastic? I was planning on taping that part off
Old 04-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #3308
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiTRD View Post
Peeled on the step part where it's plastic? I was planning on taping that part off
It wouldn't peel if there was nothing on the plastic but I know that I had that occasional time when the heel of my boot what hit the metal and that's when it would start coming off . But other than that it might last a good while :/
Old 04-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #3309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halestorm View Post
It wouldn't peel if there was nothing on the plastic but I know that I had that occasional time when the heel of my boot what hit the metal and that's when it would start coming off . But other than that it might last a good while :/

Makes sense. I wanted to get new sliders anyways but for now the cheap dip will do
Old 04-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #3310
xxnikkixx85 has a spectacular aura aboutxxnikkixx85 has a spectacular aura about

couldnt help myself and had to plasti derp something lol .. so did the console cover last night didnt turn out to bad for a first timer lol
Old 04-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #3311
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
I was at home depot yesterday and stopped by the spray can cage and got 3 cans. Looking around to plasti dip something, hahaha i think I'm going to end up going to plasti diping my son's tricycle, haha
Old 04-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #3312

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tano View Post
I was at home depot yesterday and stopped by the spray can cage and got 3 cans. Looking around to plasti dip something, hahaha i think I'm going to end up going to plasti diping my son's tricycle, haha
good idea hahaha
Old 04-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #3313
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing major.......
Old 04-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #3314
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo Ballz808 View Post
Nothing major.......
whoa.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #3315
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
whoa.
is that a bad whoa haha i have mixed feelings on it but I'm keeping it for now be different
Old 04-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #3316
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
When I added my tube bumper, i didnt like the bottom corner fenders not blending in very well

So I dipped the corners but then got carried away and painted the lower tailgate to make it look a bit sleeker

Old 04-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #3317
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Finished results. Still trying to get used to it.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #3318
808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

Name: Sean
DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo Ballz808 View Post
Nothing major.......

lol i got mixed feelings too. what does it look like farther away? I've seen a trd sport designed like that, except only the bumper was done, so grill was still completely white. i kind of liked it.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #3319

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSPEC View Post
lol i got mixed feelings too. what does it look like farther away? I've seen a trd sport designed like that, except only the bumper was done, so grill was still completely white. i kind of liked it.
it looks not bad from far has like a evil look to it I had just my grill insert and the middle part of the valance plasti dipped pevious since the previous owner had everything painted white but yeah I know a couple xrunners with their front like mines one took it off the grill and just had it on the bumper
great thing about plasti dip it aint permanent
Old 04-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #3320
how hard can it be?
snowsk8air2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
snowsk8air2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaTRD View Post
Finished results. Still trying to get used to it.

thinking about doing this to my corners where I didn't plate in my rear bumper. it'll be the first "derping" on the truck. hear the stuffs pretty easy to use

Products Discussed in this Thread