Good Idea 1,281 67.81%
Bad Idea 138 7.31%
Plasti-Derp 380 20.12%
I'm jelly... 126 6.67%
You jelly??? 191 10.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1889. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2013, 06:13 AM   #3542
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
White PlastiDip

Got some to do my grill before actually shelling out the money to get a factory super white grill, color is actually closer than I thought, but I think I liked the black better (that's the best part about this stuff!). Had some extra so I hit the lower valence too, and I actually kind of like it. Thoughts?

Old 06-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #3543
zoellner25 is on a distinguished road
Name: Derek
zoellner25's Tacoma Gallery
Just did my inner gray factory grille this weekend. Took about an hour to tape and newspaper, but using plastidip was easy. Might do the emblem later if I set sick of shiny. I did 3 coats, didn't use 1/2 can. A few pics here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post7005854
Old 06-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #3544
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Idaderp
Attached Thumbnails
THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!-downsized_0610031033.jpg  
Old 06-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #3545
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
Derped the hood, roof, and gas cap cover. The vertical pieces (like the gas cap cover and the back of the roof that slopes down to meet the back window) came out smooth as silk. The horizontal pieces, especially those where I had to reeeeeeach with the can...not so much. The roof isn't too bad, but you can definitely see a couple of streaks near the top of the hood. When I redo it, I'll take the hood right off and stand it upright.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:00 AM   #3546
Smc527 is on a distinguished road
Smc527's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateWA View Post
Just finished my grill. First time ever using Plasti Dip and it turned out looking good. Pretty much going to start dipping everything now.

Did you pull the grill off your truck to spray it? Was it difficult?
Old 06-12-2013, 06:09 AM   #3547
Can't spell class without...
JT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Since 2009.
Name: JT
JT Class's Tacoma Gallery
The grill is literally two screws and two clips, take 1 min to take off, best to take off unless you want some black derp and your black radiator :O
Old 06-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #3548
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Dammit someone needs to do a full matte black dip already to convince me i need it...
Old 06-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #3549
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
Dammit someone needs to do a full matte black dip already to convince me i need it...
Someone did on their 1st gen...

As soon as the wife and I have found a new place to call home, I'll be investing in a new compressor and a sprayer and doing mine in white. I'll be doing the upper half of the wife's Cube in white in a few weeks time, so I'll post up pics of that little project when it's done. That'll be a rattle-can job though...fingers crossed that it turns out better than how my hood/roof ended up!
Old 06-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #3550
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post

As soon as the wife and I have found a new place to call home, I'll be investing in a new compressor and a sprayer and doing mine in white. I'll be doing the upper half of the wife's Cube in white in a few weeks time, so I'll post up pics of that little project when it's done. That'll be a rattle-can job though...fingers crossed that it turns out better than how my hood/roof ended up!
thx for the link man! ill be testing out koi orange and black dip soon for my truck
Old 06-13-2013, 01:21 AM   #3551
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post

If you're gonna do a rattle-can job like that, I would HIGHLY suggest investing in one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Can-Gun1-2012-...ray+paint+hand
I rattle-canned my rocker panels and fenders, using about 8 cans, all via the pointer finger to fire - I was a freaking hurtin' unit afterwards: carpal tunnel like mad
Old 06-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #3552
Damn dirty Swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblack View Post
If you're gonna do a rattle-can job like that, I would HIGHLY suggest investing in one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Can-Gun1-2012-...ray+paint+hand
I rattle-canned my rocker panels and fenders, using about 8 cans, all via the pointer finger to fire - I was a freaking hurtin' unit afterwards: carpal tunnel like mad
LOL, I hear ya man! After I did my hood & roof (about 5 cans), my index finger was in a world of pain! Thanks for the link.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #3553
ryan27 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
ryan27's Tacoma Gallery
do you have to buy the clear coat to seal it?
Old 06-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #3554
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateWA View Post
Just finished my grill. First time ever using Plasti Dip and it turned out looking good. Pretty much going to start dipping everything now.

Welp looks like I'm plasti dippin' mine now!
Old 06-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #3555
AFtweed87 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: michael
AFtweed87's Tacoma Gallery
love me some plasti dip

Old 06-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #3557
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtweed87 View Post
love me some plasti dip

That's bad ass!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #3559
AFtweed87 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: michael
AFtweed87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian007Taco View Post
That's bad ass!
thanks, since i did that that dip job i havent had to redo it. i think that was done around feb this year. its gone through snow ice and its still holding up in the heat.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #3560
TooSense is on a distinguished road
TooSense's Tacoma Gallery
What does it cost to do the whole truck?

Products Discussed in this Thread