Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #3561
AFtweed87 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: michael
AFtweed87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSense View Post
What does it cost to do the whole truck?
https://www.dipyourcar.com/product.p...&cat=23&page=1 you can go here and get the kit. you might be able to do it cheaper if you get the sprayer yourself at home depot or lowes and just order the dip only.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #3562
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
so took off 2 year old derp from the runners bumpers today. best way was to soak in all natural orange paint remover for like 5 minutes then get a blade and it slides right off.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:35 PM   #3563
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
Has any one tried the Rustoleum product similar to plasti dip? I looked all over for plasti-dip and couldn't find any so I decided to just try it. I want to dip my door handles because they are all fading and look pretty ugly.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #3564
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
lowes and home depot have it
sometimes napa will have it, carquest too

if you don't have any of those conveniently around, just order from amazon

but, no on the rustoleum one
Old 06-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #3565
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblack View Post

Yeah I checked Lowes/Home Depot/Walmart.

The guy at Home Depot said they didn't have any Plasti Dip and told me that the rustoleum was nearly the same thing. It says on the can that it is peel able I'll give it a shot and report back I guess.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #3566
OmniPhillips is on a distinguished road
Name: Omni
OmniPhillips's Tacoma Gallery
I love this thread. Right around the time that I bought my Tacoma I found the Dipyourcarcom Youtube channel and after watching all the videos I decided to try it out on my truck. Now I just want to Dip the world! lol

Check out my build thread for all I've done so far.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ips-build.html
Old 06-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #3567
Project.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Project.paradigm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblack View Post

Not in Canada. Only place I could find it was Home Hardware for $18.00 a can. Ended up buying a case at carquest in Idaho, worked out to be about $9.00 a can. Ill buy more next time I'm over there for peeps in my area.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #3568
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project.paradigm View Post
Not in Canada. Only place I could find it was Home Hardware for $18.00 a can. Ended up buying a case at carquest in Idaho, worked out to be about $9.00 a can. Ill buy more next time I'm over there for peeps in my area.
Yep. Apparently, Plasti-dip is illegal in Canada. The reason is so damn expensive up here is because they had to reformulate it to meet some inane Canadian standards. I'm sure it's better for the environment n' stuff...but still. Up to $20 for a can? Yeesh.

Like you, whenever I go down to the US I'll pick up a small case for $6/can at HD or Lowes.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #3569
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
I've heard of some guys plasti-dipping their wheels. Any thoughts?
Old 06-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #3570
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
I've heard of some guys plasti-dipping their wheels. Any thoughts?
It's a great idea. Requires no sanding, looks great, and holds up great. I Plasti-Dipped mine and used Rustoleum Crystal-Clear Enamel over top. Its been over 2 months and still looks great
Old 06-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #3571
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WThomas1250 View Post
It's a great idea. Requires no sanding, looks great, and holds up great. I Plasti-Dipped mine and used Rustoleum Crystal-Clear Enamel over top. Its been over 2 months and still looks great
x2

Mines been on for longer than i can remember Didnt think about putting on a clear coat, thats a good idea...
Old 06-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #3572
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So just wash it, apply plasti-dip then clear enamel and wala? How many coats did you do?
Old 06-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #3573
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Greg
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just did mine last week. ( I didnt think of the clear, and it was my firt dip so it didnt come out perfect. I have had to touch up a couple times) I would love to see if it came out glossy or matte?
Old 06-20-2013, 06:25 AM   #3574
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So just wash it, apply plasti-dip then clear enamel and wala? How many coats did you do?
Do 4 coats. Start real light, and make the last coat pretty heavy. No real need for the clear coat, just a preference thing. Check out these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsqsjtd902RLo8peD11olPw
Old 06-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #3575

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtye View Post
Do 4 coats. Start real light, and make the last coat pretty heavy. No real need for the clear coat, just a preference thing. Check out these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsqsjtd902RLo8peD11olPw
Okay great thanks. How many cans?
Old 06-21-2013, 05:35 AM   #3576
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Okay great thanks. How many cans?
I used about 3 cans for all 4 wheels. Waiting about 10 min between coats, came out awesome. Just watch a few of that guy's youtube videos
Old 06-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #3577
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone used the anthracite plasti-dip yet? I saw this and I'm interested in doing my wheels and all the chrome on my truck.

http://youtu.be/cPVeeEzFQt8
Old 06-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #3578
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be down with anthracite dip on my rear bumper to match my FJ wheels and SS Mica truck. Thanks for that.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #3579
Boss
TPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedTPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
TPain's Tacoma Gallery
First time I used plasti dip was today and I wanted to paint my badges black. Seemed like the perfect product to use so I didn't have to take the badges off. It didn't turn out as well as I thought it would. That could be due to the fact that I tried to paint all 6 at once and it dried on me and that it started getting dark so the sun wasn't out and I was rushing. I did get two to turn out right, but I'll probably end up redoing them later.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #3580
reppinthe509 is on a distinguished road

reppinthe509's Tacoma Gallery
I would just like to point out with the wheels that you really need to clean them and maybe even degrease them first. I did mine and the little notches in the wheel didnt stick very well. Totally my fault because I didn't clean them as well as I could have. Also, if you do clearcoat over them it will be very hard to remove later.
They make a "glossifier" that you can use instead and it will still peel.
https://www.dipyourcar.com/product.p...1&cat=6&page=1

Products Discussed in this Thread