Bad Idea 138 7.37%
Plasti-Derp 377 20.13%
I'm jelly... 124 6.62%
You jelly??? 190 10.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1873. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #3581
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Has anyone used the anthracite plasti-dip yet? I saw this and I'm interested in doing my wheels and all the chrome on my truck.

http://youtu.be/cPVeeEzFQt8
Dude. I want to try the anthracite. Where do you get it? Does it peel off like the other plasti dip?
Old 06-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #3582
redcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really nice

Name: Christopher
redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to redcbs Send a message via Skype™ to redcbs
Dipped the grill surround today. Happy with the dip itself but not sure how I feel about the color with the truck. Thoughts?

Old 06-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #3583
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
Dude. I want to try the anthracite. Where do you get it? Does it peel off like the other plasti dip?
You can only get those colors in the video from dipyourcar.com. Looks like they have an exclusive with plasti dip for them. I'm ordering a can tomorrow, and if its plasti dip I'm positive it peels off.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:57 AM   #3584
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcbs View Post
Dipped the grill surround today. Happy with the dip itself but not sure how I feel about the color with the truck. Thoughts?

its a good temp fix for that ugly chrome so youre good there, but honestly your truck will look sick colormatched
Old 06-24-2013, 05:48 AM   #3585
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcbs View Post

I actually think that looks awesome. Maybe do the lower valence and pull the whole thing together
Old 06-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #3586
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Lumpskie;7063627]Has anyone used the anthracite plasti-dip yet? I saw this and I'm interested in doing my wheels and all the chrome on my truck.

http://youtu.be/cPVeeEzFQt8[/QUOTE]

What you can also do is get some white (doesn't necessarily have to be white) plastidip, and just spray paint whatever the heck color you want right on top of it.
If plastidip happens to have the exact color you want, this would obviously be an extra expense and step
Old 06-24-2013, 05:59 AM   #3587
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=flatblack;7070811]
Quote:
Has anyone used the anthracite plasti-dip yet? I saw this and I'm interested in doing my wheels and all the chrome on my truck.

http://youtu.be/cPVeeEzFQt8[/QUOTE]

What you can also do is get some white (doesn't necessarily have to be white) plastidip, and just spray paint whatever the heck color you want on top of the plastidip

ive done that and it makes the plasti dip an absolute bitch to remove, not worth it IMO
Old 06-24-2013, 06:02 AM   #3588
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

[QUOTE=Toy Yoda;7070817]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblack View Post

ive done that and it makes the plasti dip an absolute bitch to remove, not worth it IMO
oh? I've never actually done it; just heard some folks that have suggested it.
would be an option if you're really after a specific color that plastidip doesn't have; but, yeah, that's the only reason I would think to do it
Old 06-24-2013, 06:08 AM   #3589
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
You guys are going to make me do this, aren't you?
The results look good, good enough for me to do my skeewp and little ridge at the back of the hood for reflections. May be a big fat stripe up the hood.
Just clean well and mask and paint?
Picked up a can of flat black from the Depot... way nervous, it peels right off, right?
Old 06-24-2013, 06:10 AM   #3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheadesw View Post
You guys are going to make me do this, aren't you?
The results look good, good enough for me to do my skeewp and little ridge at the back of the hood for reflections. May be a big fat stripe up the hood.
Just clean well and mask and paint?
Picked up a can of flat black from the Depot... way nervous, it peels right off, right?
sure does
i've peeled plenty o'dip off of my truck
doesn't leave any damage at all
comes off real easy too - in sheets, if you lay it on thick enough
Old 06-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #3591
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, thanks Flatblack. I'll post some pics when I get some ... flatblack on there.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:25 AM   #3592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheadesw View Post
Cool, thanks Flatblack. I'll post some pics when I get some ... flatblack on there.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...n-success.html

sure thing!
you should really read those tips before you start
I would especially take into consideration not letting the plastidip set-up before you remove any taping, cause it'll peel right up with the tape, and you'll have to spend all sorts of time with a razor blade and straight edge if you want a clean line (ask me how i know )
Old 06-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #3593
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just ordered some anthracite plastidip. 2 cans of that color and 1 can of glossifier for the rear bumper. I kept going back and forth on the color, because I didn't realize that there was a gunmetal plastidip too.

After contemplating for a few hours and checking out the different pics and an actual pic of my FJ Anthracite wheels, I decided that neither color exactly matched, but the new plastidip anthracite was closer. We'll see when it gets here I suppose. Definitely better than chrome.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #3595
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
I just ordered some anthracite plastidip. 2 cans of that color and 1 can of glossifier for the rear bumper. I kept going back and forth on the color, because I didn't realize that there was a gunmetal plastidip too.

After contemplating for a few hours and checking out the different pics and an actual pic of my FJ Anthracite wheels, I decided that neither color exactly matched, but the new plastidip anthracite was closer. We'll see when it gets here I suppose. Definitely better than chrome.
Post up some pics, when you get it in... I'm going to order mine today or tomorrow...
Old 06-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #3596

Quote:
Post up some pics, when you get it in... I'm going to order mine today or tomorrow...
Will do, trying to figure out how to remove all the plastic trim from the bumper in preparation for this.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #3597
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Will do, trying to figure out how to remove all the plastic trim from the bumper in preparation for this.
any type of cleaner will remove it easily... the stuff that helps remove stickers...
Old 06-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #3598

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
any type of cleaner will remove it easily... the stuff that helps remove stickers...
Lol, I meant the step pads, the hard plastic trim. I want to get the derp up and under it for a nice finish
Old 06-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #3599
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol, I meant the step pads, the hard plastic trim. I want to get the derp up and under it for a nice finish
Ahh totally got it... is it a colored bumper, or a stock black one?
Old 06-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #3600
reppinthe509 is on a distinguished road

reppinthe509's Tacoma Gallery
I know we're talking about the plastic but wd40 works like a charm to remove over spray

Products Discussed in this Thread