You jelly??? 191 10.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1892. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #3621
provofan is on a distinguished road
provofan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Well... I derped my wheels... Was tired of the silver.

How long did the wheels take and did you take them off or just tape? Looks good!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #3622
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Lumpskie, did you get a tracking # yet? The one that dipyourcar sent me on the 26th still hasn't been picked up or processed thru UPS yet. I ordered on the 24th too, so this is kinda bullshit.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #3623
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
Lumpskie, did you get a tracking # yet? The one that dipyourcar sent me on the 26th still hasn't been picked up or processed thru UPS yet. I ordered on the 24th too, so this is kinda bullshit.
I just called because I had the same message. Apparently they are in back order for about a week
Old 06-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #3624
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
I just called because I had the same message. Apparently they are in back order for about a week
Thanks, you'd think they would step up and let us know via email. Pissed
Old 06-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #3625
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks, you'd think they would step up and let us know via email. Pissed
Yeah a heads up would've been nice. I was checking my tracking number every day since the 26th hoping for new information.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #3626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Yeah a heads up would've been nice. I was checking my tracking number every day since the 26th hoping for new information.
Hahaha, me too, waiting to start this mod and getting cock blocked by Fonzie sucks.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:44 PM   #3627
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
guess what getting plastidipped on monday or tuesday 4 gal red 1 gal black.

and guess who just opened shop and already took deposits down for dipping peoples cars

Old 06-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #3628
I'd rather be fishing..
SWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: james
SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
How do yall get the clean paint lines on the valance? i tried it tonight and it all peeled off i did my grill no problem but the valance eludes me haha.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:50 PM   #3629
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCB View Post
How do yall get the clean paint lines on the valance? i tried it tonight and it all peeled off i did my grill no problem but the valance eludes me haha.
you have to peel the tape while the dip is still wet, you pretty much have to spray and peel instantly. you have to get the edges of the tape extremely wet beforehand and a nice clean line will result
Old 06-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #3630

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCB View Post
You can probably get 2 coats out of one taping. Tape off your area, spray the first coat light, 15 min drying, spray a heavier coat, then peel before it dries.

Tape again, spray, dry, spray again, peel tape.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #3631
I'd rather be fishing..
SWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: james
SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
you have to peel the tape while the dip is still wet, you pretty much have to spray and peel instantly. you have to get the edges of the tape extremely wet beforehand and a nice clean line will result
Quote:
You can probably get 2 coats out of one taping. Tape off your area, spray the first coat light, 15 min drying, spray a heavier coat, then peel before it dries.

Tape again, spray, dry, spray again, peel tape.
Thanks Yall Ill give it a shot!
Old 06-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #3632
ryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to beholdryantaco is a splendid one to behold

ryantaco's Tacoma Gallery
I plan on dipping my wheels soon but, i want something to practice on, whats something good for practicing?
Old 06-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #3633
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantaco View Post
I plan on dipping my wheels soon but, i want something to practice on, whats something good for practicing?
Wheels are good for practice plasti dip your floor trim or grille you could always dip some card board
Old 07-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #3635
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Wheels are good for practice plasti dip your floor trim or grille you could always dip some card board
When I first used plasti-derp I did it on cardboard... easy peasy bro!
Old 07-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #3636
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone had issues with the balance of the their tires after plasti-dipping? I just dipped my wheels and now getting some more vibrations, but I'm not sure if it is the road, me being paranoid or plasti-dip can actually throw off the balance.

Might as well throw some pictures of the finished product.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #3637

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Has anyone had issues with the balance of the their tires after plasti-dipping? I just dipped my wheels and now getting some more vibrations, but I'm not sure if it is the road, me being paranoid or plasti-dip can actually throw off the balance.
No problems with balance at all, you sure your torqued up properly after taking the wheels off?
Old 07-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #3638
Independant Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner76137 View Post
Dipped my wheels
Good job! I like the red emblems on the center caps.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #3639
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No problems with balance at all, you sure your torqued up properly after taking the wheels off?
Yeah I might retorque them, but it should have been fine. Could just be me, but I swear they are not as balanced. Hmmm
Old 07-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #3640
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Trimming around badges???

I'm trying to dip my badges. I did the driver door badge and passenger door badge, both peeled and separated easily. The rest of the badges (SR5 on passenger doors and TOYOTA and PRERUNNER on tailgate won't separate from the excess that peels off. I can tell that the two badges on driver and passenger doors are raised more than the rest, there's actually space between the badge and the body, so I think that's why those actually worked fairly easily. The rest of the badges are a little closer to the body of the car and sit a little more flush against the body. So when I go to peel, everything peels, even the part I want to stick... Can't figure out how to separate the part I want to stick (letters) and the part I want to peel. Anyone else have this issue or know something I can try?

Thanks!

Products Discussed in this Thread