You jelly??? 189 10.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1864. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2013, 06:24 AM   #3661
wanna tacoma is on a distinguished road
wanna tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
i buy black and white locally at home depot, i buy everything else on dipyourcar

go to their forums if you want to learn more about which colors do and do not fade and which colors require basecoats etc, you will learn alot on their forums

Is the shipping cost that I got calculated about right? over $10 for 2 cans? Thanks for the tip on the forums, I may look into joining.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:26 AM   #3662
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna tacoma View Post
Is the shipping cost that I got calculated about right? over $10 for 2 cans? Thanks for the tip on the forums, I may look into joining.
they shit ups, and its about right yes, however if you order more it doesnt really get more expensive.
i just made a 500$ purchase, 5 gal of plastidip with the spray gun, and my shipping was only $25 dollars.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #3663
LowerBost has a spectacular aura aboutLowerBost has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nick
LowerBost's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone ever spray over their fog lights with this stuff? Thinking about hitting my fogs with a light coat of black to dim them out a bit. I messed up and bought the HID 8000 and there brighter than shit. Just worried if I use this stuff its just gonna fall off with the heat.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #3664
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
I think they have a certain type of plasti dip for the head lights/ fog lights. I can't remember the name, but it is from plasti dip. Check www.dipyourcar.com
Old 07-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #3665
DundalkDipping is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
DundalkDipping's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
I think they have a certain type of plasti dip for the head lights/ fog lights. I can't remember the name, but it is from plasti dip. Check www.dipyourcar.com
They do have a "smoke" product but it will not give the blacked out look. You can use 1-2 light coats of black for the smoked look and then glossfier if you want it to be glossy.

Just did this Tacoma is matte black and the rims in matte black as well.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #3666
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DundalkDipping View Post
They do have a "smoke" product but it will not give the blacked out look. You can use 1-2 light coats of black for the smoked look and then glossfier if you want it to be glossy.

Looks nice!

When you do the rims do you take them off the vehicle or do you put the bags behind the rim as some internet videos have done?
Old 07-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #3668
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Looks nice!

When you do the rims do you take them off the vehicle or do you put the bags behind the rim as some internet videos have done?
It all depends on the car. So far the two trucks rims I've done I left them on and used the bags. I've taken every car rim I've done off. I also removed them from SUV's depending on the size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
^^^ x2 on his question. Also, how many cans are needed for all 4 wheels?
If they are "normal" sized, 19" or less then 4 cans will be plenty.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #3669
kite will become famous soon enough

kite's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Curious how many gallons this took? Looks great.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #3670
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It all depends on the car. So far the two trucks rims I've done I left them on and used the bags. I've taken every car rim I've done off. I also removed them from SUV's depending on the size.

If they are "normal" sized, 19" or less then 4 cans will be plenty.
Mine are 16". I was originally thinking 2, but would that not be thick enough?
Old 07-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #3671
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kite View Post
Curious how many gallons this took? Looks great.
It could have been done easily with just over three but I used four just for the peel-ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
Mine are 16". I was originally thinking 2, but would that not be thick enough?
Yea, two of any color really wont be think enough. They might not even cover all the wheels enough to look solid enough. You can get away with 3 cans of black, gunmetal, anthracite and dark colors maybe but I'd always rather have extra then not enough.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #3672
LowerBost has a spectacular aura aboutLowerBost has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nick
LowerBost's Tacoma Gallery
Will this ever chip or start to peel off the truck? Looks pretty nice tho love the dull matte look!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #3673
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerBost View Post
Will this ever chip or start to peel off the truck? Looks pretty nice tho love the dull matte look!
As long as it is applied properly you shouldn't have any issues.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #3675
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtyfighterx View Post
im going to dip my wheels this week anyone have bad experience with this as far as dirt not coming off etc? i dont go off roading much at all only hunting season thats the only thing holding me back.
The dirt will come off easily. Wash it with Simple Green and water. They also sell Brake Dust Pro on DYC.com. it might be $20/bottle but it works awesome.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #3677
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It could have been done easily with just over three but I used four just for the peel-ability.

Yea, two of any color really wont be think enough. They might not even cover all the wheels enough to look solid enough. You can get away with 3 cans of black, gunmetal, anthracite and dark colors maybe but I'd always rather have extra then not enough.
So, I ordered 4 cans of anthracite and 2 cans of glossifier for my rig. I was hoping to do the wheels, front grill and side badges. Do you think I need another can? Also, does the glossifier add any thickness to the dip for peel-ability? ( I was hoping to do 3 coats of color and 2 coats of glossifier, but I don't know how that will hold up) Thanks, in advance for the help!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #3678
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
So, I ordered 4 cans of anthracite and 2 cans of glossifier for my rig. I was hoping to do the wheels, front grill and side badges. Do you think I need another can? Also, does the glossifier add any thickness to the dip for peel-ability? ( I was hoping to do 3 coats of color and 2 coats of glossifier, but I don't know how that will hold up) Thanks, in advance for the help!
If I was you I would head to Home Depot or Lowes and get 3-4 cans of black. Use the black as a base coat(2 coats) to save Anthracite. The gloss will help with peelability a bit but nothing huge.

So I would do 2 coats of black, 2-3 of Anthracite and 2-3 of gloss.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #3679
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If I was you I would head to Home Depot or Lowes and get 3-4 cans of black. Use the black as a base coat(2 coats) to save Anthracite. The gloss will help with peelability a bit but nothing huge.

So I would do 2 coats of black, 2-3 of Anthracite and 2-3 of gloss.
Wouldn't that make the final product a little dark?
Old 07-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #3680
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Wouldn't that make the final product a little dark?
nah it shouldn't affect the Anthracite. I believe Fonzie(DYC) did a video about it. I think the R8 go Anthracite over matte black.

Products Discussed in this Thread