Good Idea 1,263 67.76%
Bad Idea 135 7.24%
Plasti-Derp 374 20.06%
I'm jelly... 124 6.65%
You jelly??? 189 10.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1864. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #3942
Paleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
Does humidity mess with applying plasti-dip? I tried to do my emblems today and they came out looking rough, almost like orange peel, sort of like a bed liner texture. And when I tried to peel the overspray off, the edges of the letters wanted to peel with it. I peeled it all off, I might try again when it is cooler and drier outside. It was 90 degrees with probably 80% to 90% humidity.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #3944
Naholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud ofNaholo808 has much to be proud of

Name: Jordan
Naholo808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
Does humidity mess with applying plasti-dip? I tried to do my emblems today and they came out looking rough, almost like orange peel, sort of like a bed liner texture. And when I tried to peel the overspray off, the edges of the letters wanted to peel with it. I peeled it all off, I might try again when it is cooler and drier outside. It was 90 degrees with probably 80% to 90% humidity.

That's a good one. I would think so. Yes, try wait until your weather is better, if not find a garage with a garage door.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #3946
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Greg
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
Patience. Remove them, bake them, pry apart, paint, assemble, and then seal. The most important part is the sealing. Use a bathroom/kitchen or aquarium sealant (one that dries clear). Just make sure you take your time with the sealing, that's where most mess up. As far as a cure time, let them sit for a few hours before re-installing them and try not to get them too wet for a 24 hour period so the sealant has plenty of time to cure all the way. If sealed properly they won't leak for years. All in all, it can be done in a day.
Thats my only problem. Im stationed in Guam where it rains everyday and the humidity hovers in the 80-90% range. I wish I was in Vegas. Prolly way easier there. I figured id just find a reputable vendor.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #3947
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Plasti-dip much?

Old 10-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #3948
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone here used the white Plasti Dip? Wondering if it yellows after a while in the sun
Old 10-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #3949
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Has anyone here used the white Plasti Dip? Wondering if it yellows after a while in the sun
Yup! I dipped some angry eyelids on my truck a few months back to see if I wanted to get eyelids. It turned out pretty good so I just kept it on, no fading or yellowing.

Not the best pictures, but you get the idea.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #3950
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! Gonna try to do my rear bumper, maybe my mirror covers.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #3953
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naholo808 View Post
Had to peel off my driver side emblems because of a little tear on the side of the "A". For some reason the driver side emblem has been a pain to me. Every time I finish derping I always seem to find something wrong with the dip; The rest of the emblems were perfect. Sighs
Easy solution De badge
Old 10-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #3955
Paleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
Anthracite! Anybody tried it? How close is it to MGM? Thinking of doing anthracite and glossifier on my chrome grill surround.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #3957
envelop is on a distinguished road
envelop's Tacoma Gallery
Flat Brown (camo) Plasti diped front Grill

thought i would try something different, if anyones interested on how it would look..... Flat brown (camo) plasti Derp chrome front Grill on 2013 Pyrite Mica. Think it turned out pretty well. Might do the Rear bumper to match.
found the camo derp here:
https://www.dipyourcar.com/Camo-Colors/
Cheers-cort
Attached Thumbnails
THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!-image.jpg   THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!-image_1.jpg   THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!-image_3.jpg   THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!-image_5.jpg   THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!-image_2.jpg  

Old 10-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #3958
A7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7xschecter6661 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
A7xschecter6661's Tacoma Gallery
plastidipped the stupid grey insert by the license plate so it matches the grill.

Before

during

after

came out perfect, no runs or anything. Looks factory
Old 10-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #3959
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by envelop View Post
thought i would try something different, if anyones interested on how it would look..... Flat brown (camo) plasti Derp chrome front Grill on 2013 Pyrite Mica. Think it turned out pretty well. Might do the Rear bumper to match.
found the camo derp here:
https://www.dipyourcar.com/Camo-Colors/
Cheers-cort
Turned out very nice man , flows right with the pyrite , better than black IMO
Old 10-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #3960
teamjm is a jewel in the roughteamjm is a jewel in the roughteamjm is a jewel in the roughteamjm is a jewel in the rough
teamjm's Tacoma Gallery
Hi guys, where do you buy your plasti dip? I'm from the Philippines and im planning to ship a few cans here. Any online sites?

Thanks!

* okay its right above me :0 If you have any other sites, just let me know. thanks!

Products Discussed in this Thread