Bad Idea 135 7.24%
Plasti-Derp 374 20.06%
I'm jelly... 124 6.65%
You jelly??? 189 10.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1864. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2010, 12:25 AM   #21
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
You spelled chrome wrong brah. Crawl outta that bottle hehe. Should I do the back bumper bros?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
Aye, also. At least the emblems. Crome is peeling anyway.

Hmmm, it took me 3 tries to press the letter R. I think no more drinkies tonight...
Old 11-02-2010, 12:29 AM   #22
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
You spelled chrome wrong brah. Crawl outta that bottle hehe. Should I do the back bumper bros?
With the plastidip being fully reversable, why not? You don't like it, take it off.

I have not had a drink in 2 months, so...
Old 11-02-2010, 12:31 AM   #23
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
I was kiddin brah. I think I'm gonna do it. Should I get two cans to be safe?
Quote:
With the plastidip being fully reversable, why not? You don't like it, take it off.

I have not had a drink in 2 months, so...
Old 11-02-2010, 12:33 AM   #24
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was kiddin brah. I think I'm gonna do it. Should I get two cans to be safe?
I always get extra supplies. Doesn't hurt to have some extra's in the garage, but it sucks to run out of something when your working.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:37 AM   #25
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Werd. One time I ran out of lube... it sucked haha. Lube for clay barring a car that is
Quote:
I always get extra supplies. Doesn't hurt to have some extra's in the garage, but it sucks to run out of something when your working.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:22 AM   #27
CelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kate
CelticTaco151's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
You WILL NOT be able to "just pull it off". I use this stuff all the time. It's an awesome product and one of the best things about it is that it sticks to everything. But, if you f-it up, don't expect to peal it off, it doesn't work like that
Ditto. One of the problems I have seen is that it doesn't always peel off as easy as people think. If you end up liking it, you have to watch it because I have seen it chip. You can probably put a clear coat or some type of other sealant to protect it. Vinyls are more expensive, but if it doesn't work well, I would say go there. Good luck and show pics when completed!
Old 11-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #28
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
ok. well it says that you can peel it off? so why would it not peel off? idc if it takes more than a little bit of effort to take it off. but i just wanna make sure its not permanent
Old 11-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #29
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok. well it says that you can peel it off? so why would it not peel off? idc if it takes more than a little bit of effort to take it off. but i just wanna make sure its not permanent
X2
Old 11-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #32
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THROUGHITALLDUDE View Post
looks like it does to me? sweet find
i think... he means taking it off of wood. cuz thats what i saw he does his speaker rings with... and im talking about hard smooth plastic and metal... big difference. I think thats what he means. plus i think he is talking about the actual cans of dip.. and i am talking about the spray cans.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #33
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i think... he means taking it off of wood. cuz thats what i saw he does his speaker rings with... and im talking about hard smooth plastic and metal... big difference. I think thats what he means. plus i think he is talking about the actual cans of dip.. and i am talking about the spray cans.
ya man same here I am thinking I will do my wheels and badges so its all smooth surfaces
Old 11-02-2010, 03:22 PM   #34
hawaiian_fantasy is on a distinguished road
hawaiian_fantasy's Tacoma Gallery
X2
Old 11-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #35

*** I HAVE NOT USED IT BUT FROM THE RESEARCH I HAVE DONE *******I have just watched about 5 videos, the plasti dip is very hard to take off when it is sprayed on wood clothe anything that involves non smooth surfaces. When sprayed on paint alot of the users said that it goes on very smooth and it comes out very clean and removal of it is time consuming but they all show that it can just be peeled right off. But for someone who offroads it can chip off very easily so you may have to redo it if you have alot of thing hitting your wheels
Old 11-02-2010, 03:53 PM   #37
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
*** I HAVE NOT USED IT BUT FROM THE RESEARCH I HAVE DONE *******I have just watched about 5 videos, the plasti dip is very hard to take off when it is sprayed on wood clothe anything that involves non smooth surfaces. When sprayed on paint alot of the users said that it goes on very smooth and it comes out very clean and removal of it is time consuming but they all show that it can just be peeled right off. But for someone who offroads it can chip off very easily so you may have to redo it if you have alot of thing hitting your wheels
to me i dont mind redoing since you can peel it off and re coat. i just bought two cans. gonna go debadge and do this today hopefully. or the weekend.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #38

Quote:
to me i dont mind redoing since you can peel it off and re coat. i just bought two cans. gonna go debadge and do this today hopefully. or the weekend.
hey dont you forget about me lol were in this together post some pictures if you dont mind
Old 11-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #39
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hey dont you forget about me lol were in this together post some pictures if you dont mind
haha ok if i do it today or on a weekday i will let you know. def gonna post pics when im finished. gotta go get some painters tape too.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #40
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
I sprayed one of my extra TRD offroad wheels the other day to test, and it peeled off fine, you just have to pick at it, where it isn't flat

Products Discussed in this Thread