Good Idea 1,263 67.76%
Bad Idea 135 7.24%
Plasti-Derp 374 20.06%
I'm jelly... 124 6.65%
You jelly??? 189 10.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1864. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2014, 08:29 AM   #4501
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderone View Post

Did the wheels. Something different.

Gotta see more pics! I've been curious how white wheels would look.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:13 AM   #4502
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Did the wheels. Something different.
That looks like it came out pretty good!
Old 04-27-2014, 09:39 AM   #4503
dhdubey88 is a splendid one to beholddhdubey88 is a splendid one to beholddhdubey88 is a splendid one to beholddhdubey88 is a splendid one to beholddhdubey88 is a splendid one to beholddhdubey88 is a splendid one to beholddhdubey88 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dubey
dhdubey88's Tacoma Gallery
Just dipped my wheels the other day. They look so much better than stock.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:50 PM   #4504
I like bright things.
thunderone will become famous soon enough

thunderone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
Gotta see more pics! I've been curious how white wheels would look.
Check the thread I made, I posted a few more pics of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WThomas1250 View Post
That looks like it came out pretty good!
Thanks! Now let's see if they hold in dirt or not. If some Simple Green can clean them then I'll be good to go.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:27 PM   #4505
Smashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Smashing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdubey88 View Post
Just dipped my wheels the other day. They look so much better than stock.
[img]http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d

ata/500/medium/image6559.jpg[/img]

Is that the flat black?
Old 04-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #4507
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks! Now let's see if they hold in dirt or not. If some Simple Green can clean them then I'll be good to go.
Keep us updated. Ive never tried white Plasti Dip
Old 04-27-2014, 06:34 PM   #4508
dhdubey88 is a splendid one to beholddhdubey88 is a splendid one to beholddhdubey88 is a splendid one to beholddhdubey88 is a splendid one to beholddhdubey88 is a splendid one to beholddhdubey88 is a splendid one to beholddhdubey88 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashing View Post
Is that the flat black?
just the standard black it was dark when I took the pic so the flash made them look shiney.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #4509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naholo808 View Post
Did you take the rim off and sprayed? Or left them on? The reason why I asked is because the breaks are so close to the rim. Other than that, it looks awesome bro! Can't wait to do mines too.
No I left them on the truck and used index cards and newspaper. Can do a better job if you take them off the truck but they still look damn good. Let me know if you want any tips on doing it. After doing it I found what ways seem to work best. I am very happy with how they turned out
Old 04-27-2014, 07:38 PM   #4511
I like bright things.
thunderone will become famous soon enough

thunderone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, hit me up with some tips. I tried using garbage (dipyourcar technique) but it didn't go so well. Lol

I'm jealous. Your's came out awesome.
That's what I did. Worked fine. Just have to poke the plastic away from the wheel enough that it doesn't stick to what you're painting.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:18 PM   #4514
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks

Man I wish can order stuff on dipyourcar. Unfortunately, they don't ship to hawaii.
send it to a TW guy in CA or somewhere else, then have them reship to you!
Old 04-27-2014, 11:08 PM   #4515
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
It might have been discussed, but I saw rustoleum's "flexidip" Anyone used that yet? They had some at home depot today in grey. Thought about buying a can just to try.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:29 AM   #4517
spieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
spieler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire252fighter View Post
Someone posted a while back that they blacked there's out with dip and it held up good which is why I gave it a shot.
But I'll keep ya posted. Mine had rust on the end so that may affect it we will see.
Might have been me. Mine has been dipped black since I bought the truck last August, its perfect no bubbles or anything and didnt burn off etc.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #4518
Fire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant futureFire252fighter has a brilliant future

Firefighter:
Name: Mike
Fire252fighter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spieler View Post
Might have been me. Mine has been dipped black since I bought the truck last August, its perfect no bubbles or anything and didnt burn off etc.
After a few days the red started to uhh idk burn off. Which is weird. I was low on red so did first 3 coats in black then just enough red to cover total color. The black underneath is perfect but some of the light areas of the red came off.

Not sure if it's cuz it was to light or if the red is the issue. Going to leave it go for a few weeks and see if the rest of the red goes to shit
Old 04-29-2014, 05:11 AM   #4519
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Probably the light coat getting eaten away by the fumes? Just taking a guess.

I did this once but with a thick layer of black and it stayed solid on the tail pipe.

Maybe try a thick coat of the red next time and see if that works. I like the red accents though, good job!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:28 AM   #4520
spieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
spieler's Tacoma Gallery
I did probably 5 coats on the tailpipe, of course its black and probably dirty too so that would help with me not seeing any changes.

Products Discussed in this Thread