Good Idea 1,214 67.59%
Bad Idea 133 7.41%
Plasti-Derp 359 19.99%
I'm jelly... 121 6.74%
You jelly??? 187 10.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1796. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-03-2010, 01:10 AM   #61
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I used that stuff on some D-rings that hung on my rear bumper of my jeep.

THe stuff doesn't hold up. It'll peel off and look like shit. I ended up peeling all of it off completely.
this is the type of info I was looking for...not doing it now. Rocks would eat this shit up i'll bet
Old 11-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #62
eskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud of

eskamo23's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldnt mind doing this to the lower part of my front bumper. anyone have pics of that done????
Old 11-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #63
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
this is the type of info I was looking for...not doing it now. Rocks would eat this shit up i'll bet
Pretty sure rocks eat paint as well. Use your head, if you do a cheap mod, you get cheap results. That said, I just bought two cans to do my emblems and perhaps my running boards, rear bumper, front grill emblem.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #65
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THROUGHITALLDUDE View Post
i am doing my center console i will send pictures tonight
did you start? i did one emblem. its still drying.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #66
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
ya my first coat is drying waiting to do another coat and than dry and i am done
Old 11-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #67
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tried a badge horrible outcome but I put it back to normal but I got this bad boy to work out great

Old 11-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #68
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
tried a badge horrible outcome but I put it back to normal but I got this bad boy to work out great

that looks sick dude! on my badge it didnt dry all the way(prolly cuz its like 30 degrees out) and i picked it up and it like stuck to the paper and some of it peeled off the side. will have to do another coat tomorrow
Old 11-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
that looks sick dude! on my badge it didnt dry all the way(prolly cuz its like 30 degrees out) and i picked it up and it like stuck to the paper and some of it peeled off the side. will have to do another coat tomorrow
i think i sprayed too lightly and when i went to pull it off it torn and I couldnt get it to peel off and leave straight lines around the badge
Old 11-07-2010, 05:55 PM   #70
SR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SR54x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ya my first coat is drying waiting to do another coat and than dry and i am done
did you do your wheels? Im thinking of doing this to my stock steelies since im not 100% sure if i want them black or not yet.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #72
SR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SR54x4's Tacoma Gallery
bump! Anyone plasti-dip their wheels yet?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #73
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I really like the look of this but the thought of it getting scratched and the upkeep on it would be too much for me. Looks great though good job.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #74
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR54x4 View Post
bump! Anyone plasti-dip their wheels yet?

yes sir i did....
Old 11-09-2010, 03:16 AM   #75
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCaron View Post
yes sir i did....
Do you have pic's? I'd be interested to see how they came out.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:24 AM   #76
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
the only pictures i have (in my pictures section) are pretty dark, but you can check them out.
i will get a few good, well lite pictures up soon

cheers
Old 11-09-2010, 03:45 AM   #77
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCaron View Post
the only pictures i have (in my pictures section) are pretty dark, but you can check them out.
i will get a few good, well lite pictures up soon

cheers
Not bad. You've got one up that has good lighting.

That looks better then I expected. I may do this to my rims too.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:21 AM   #78
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Here is a response I got from a Plasti-Dip representative when I asked about applying this stuff to the stock grille and the surface preparation. I included contact information should anyone have questions about the product. I also included the examples they sent me.

"Mark, Plasti Dip has been used on the grill of vehicles by many consumers. I would recommend roughing the surface and applying the Plasti Dip Primer for best adhesion. You can order the primer online at
www.garage-toys.com, as it is not sold in retail stores. I have attached a slide for your review.

Thanks!

Kelly Gall
Inside Sales and CSR
Plasti Dip International, Inc.
1-800-969-5432 x135 Phone
1-763-785-2058 Fax"
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Auto Grill Coa.pdf (101.3 KB, 312 views)
File Type: pdf Jazz-it up Indust.pdf (190.4 KB, 222 views)
Old 11-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #79
SR54x4's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone Plasti-dip their wheels yet?

I have heard alot of people saying they are going to plasti-dip their wheels or think so&so may have. After searching, can't find any proof or pics that anyone has. Im thinking about giving it a try this weekend. Since im not 100% sure I want my wheels black I figured this would be perfect to see how I like them.

So, has anyone done it yet, or will I be the first?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #80
Forging Elite Fitness
TACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Mike
TACODACKS's Tacoma Gallery
I used it on the Toyota emblem. That being said, I would not use it on my wheels. I can see things like road salt and grime eating away at the coating.

Products Discussed in this Thread