Good Idea 1,263 67.76%
Bad Idea 135 7.24%
Plasti-Derp 374 20.06%
I'm jelly... 124 6.65%
You jelly??? 189 10.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1864. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #81
SR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SR54x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACODACKS View Post
I used it on the Toyota emblem. That being said, I would not use it on my wheels. I can see things like road salt and grime eating away at the coating.
Well im not looking for this to be permanent, just a good way to see if i like the look of my wheels black or silver. As long as it lasts a couple days im fine with it. Just want to make sure I really want them black before I do something permanent.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #82
tacomaintraining will become famous soon enoughtacomaintraining will become famous soon enough
tacomaintraining's Tacoma Gallery
I peeled that crap off my rear bumper yesterday. I would not suggest it, it just ate at me that it was spray rubber.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:04 PM   #83
SR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SR54x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaintraining View Post
I peeled that crap off my rear bumper yesterday. I would not suggest it, it just ate at me that it was spray rubber.
again, im not looking for this to be permanent. just want to see how they look black before i paint them. i like the idea of being able to peel it off. even if it lasts only a day or two, at least i will be able to see how the truck looks with stockers black and can decide if i want to make it permanent or not.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:12 AM   #84
Fmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud of

Name: David
Fmsvandal's Tacoma Gallery
go for it. post a pic or 2 when your done so we can see the results.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #85
IslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reggie
IslandBoy71's Tacoma Gallery
Plasti Dip my emblems

I've always wanted to do my emblems black but just didn't want to deal with removing the emblems. So heres what I did using Plasti Dip. No need to remove the emblems just tape the immediate area surrounding the emblems. Make sure not to tape too close to the emblem this makes it easier to remove the plasti dip paint off the body panel. I sprayed 3 coats giving it 5 min. dry time in between. Let it dry about 1 hr the Remove the tape and the plasti dip paint that got on the body panel peels off like a soft vinyl sticker! Here are some pics I took during the process.
Attached Thumbnails
THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!-cimg0433.jpg   THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!-cimg0434.jpg   THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!-cimg0435.jpg   THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!-cimg0436.jpg   THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!-cimg0437.jpg  

THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!-cimg0438.jpg   THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!-cimg0439.jpg  
Old 11-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #86
SR54x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
Not bad. You've got one up that has good lighting.

That looks better then I expected. I may do this to my rims too.
These look great! Guess I know what im doing this weekend....

I was even thinking of leaving my center caps silver, with this stuff I can do one side black and one side silver. if i end up liking the silver caps better than the black caps i can just peel off the plasti dip on the other two caps!
Old 11-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #87
SR54x4's Tacoma Gallery
And how long ago did you do this? Just wondering how they are holding up. I wonder how they will come out looking after going through the car wash???
Old 11-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #88
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
you didnt have to prep the surface of the emblems or the body first? dam such a good idea. where can i get some? autozone?
Old 11-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #89
TACOMANATOR
TRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TRDBandit's Tacoma Gallery
ya man very nice!

Where can we get some?
Old 11-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #90
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jen
jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jlvhrse
Home Depot or any other hardware store.. Thats where I got mine.. wish I would have thought of this before I took mine off and put em back on!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #91
IslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIslandBoy71 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr114 View Post
you didnt have to prep the surface of the emblems or the body first? dam such a good idea. where can i get some? autozone?

Just clean the emblem. do not sand or scuff the emblem just incase you decide later that you want the chrome look again you can simply peel off the plasti dip. You can get it at home depot or lowes for about $7.50 can.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #92
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandBoy71 View Post
Just clean the emblem. do not sand or scuff the emblem just incase you decide later that you want the chrome look again you can simply peel off the plasti dip. You can get it at home depot or lowes for about $7.50 can.

and it literally peels right off the body?
Old 11-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #93
TACOMANATOR
TRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TRDBandit's Tacoma Gallery
How does it peel off the body and not the emblem?
Old 11-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #94
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Wow thats crazy!! I wouldnt have the balls to do that. Looks like it came out good though!!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDBandit View Post
How does it peel off the body and not the emblem?
Keep in mind plasti dip is not permanent it will peel off the emblem if you peel it. I should've shot a video cuz it literally peeled off like soft vinyl sticker after putting a hair dryer to it.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Wow thats crazy!! I wouldnt have the balls to do that. Looks like it came out good though!!
I felt the same way before I did mine
Old 11-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #97
Thieu is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Thieu's Tacoma Gallery
This stuff is great. I've painted my emblems and my lower valance with the stuff so I can just peel off if I change my mind.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #98
pontastic1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Pon
pontastic1's Tacoma Gallery
that looks cool, did you get the plasti dip at your local hardware??

You didn't sand or anything?
Old 11-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #99
SHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SHOGUN's Tacoma Gallery
Thats freekin awesome man, Im going to go get some of that yesterday.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #100
SHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHOGUN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SHOGUN's Tacoma Gallery
So you have to heat it up before you can peel it off

How long does this last

Products Discussed in this Thread