Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1812. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2011, 12:15 AM   #1041
tacomunchkin is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Flyboy
tacomunchkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anethema View Post
I rhino linered my bumper. Actually used an aerosol product called EZ-Liner. It -won't- peel like plasti dip so you have to mask everything properly or take it off the truck.

Its been thru the pressure washer already, 0 issues.

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic.

Broke one of the plastic shoulders doing it. Whuups! Ended up linering that too.

Where did you end up getting EZ liner. I was wanting to hit my skid plate with that and then later when my sliders get enough dings in them to start pulling off the powder coating, I was gonna hit them with that.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #1042
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I'm in canada. Got it at Canadian Tire.

BUT

"toyotadude5" actually did his hole rocker panels, fender flares, etc with the stuff and he's in the USA. Maybe shoot him a PM.

Here is his truck:

In the USA there are more options too. Rustoleum, and..at least one other aerosol option.

Good luck!
Old 04-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #1043
autkidd is on a distinguished road
autkidd's Tacoma Gallery
Got around to doing my bull bar today...

I'm gonna take off all the decals and possibly black headlight mod.

Also hardwired the gps to the truck and fixed the overhead temp/compass gauge. Been a busy day.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #1044
2 is 1, 1 is none.
StaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to behold

Army: TASM-G
Name: Mitch
StaticTaco's Tacoma Gallery
great looking dips guys!

anyone know how white the white dip is? would it be at all equivalent to "super white"?

im thinking about doing my grill surround and rear bumper in white. im also a little concerned about it staining. but yeah, just curious if white was ever used to match.

thanks.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #1045
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
From the thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post2932988

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticTaco View Post
great looking dips guys!

anyone know how white the white dip is? would it be at all equivalent to "super white"?

im thinking about doing my grill surround and rear bumper in white. im also a little concerned about it staining. but yeah, just curious if white was ever used to match.

thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D13 View Post
So does the white plasti-dip match?

You be the judge, keep in mind my truck is dirty.

I guess it depends on how picky you are, and how it wears over time.
Its pretty close, but not perfect.
I didn't do the best job of application. and taping the grille was a pain, but at least I found out that I would like a color matched grille. The edges came out pretty crappy where the paint met the tape too. but i can just peel it of or re-do it!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #1046
2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Trooper
Name: Blake
2010nctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Posted in another thread but here is some more plasti-dip goodness. was going to do the wheels, but I kind of like just the center caps done.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #1047
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
crap, should have never looked at this thread.
looks like i know what Ill be doing next weekend.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #1048
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm52 View Post
crap, should have never looked at this thread.
looks like i know what Ill be doing next weekend.

Don't start.. You will not stop.. Its like crack cocaine
Old 04-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #1049
Banned
Sixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixfeathers is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kreg
Sixfeathers's Tacoma Gallery
I was gonna pull a trick on my wife and spray our Charger black on the hood and watch her freak out. But decided not to. she might not think it is too funny.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #1050
2 is 1, 1 is none.
StaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
thanks!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #1051
2 is 1, 1 is none.

^^ that looks great! even if the match isn't perfect i'd still its pretty damn close, and when its in the sun i bet you can't even tell. thanks for posting, this is exactly what i was thinking of doing. i like the emblem too, nice work.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #1052
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up 2 cans of the blue plasti dip, havnt used them on anything, did spray 4 coats on a piece of metal to see how it would come out. Dosnt match swb for anyone wondering.. Its quite a bit more dull/flat looking

Old 04-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #1053
2 is 1, 1 is none.

You think if you put some gloss clear it'd brighten up a little? I know it'd take away from the "easy off" appeal of plasti-dip but maybe spray your test piece and see.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #1054
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
want to color match? plasti-dip create your own color kit

Old 04-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #1055
Tom0662 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
Tom0662's Tacoma Gallery
Might have to give it a try myself, looks good.
Something I thought of while reading this. Has anyone taped off headlights and plastidipped on some eyelids? Dont like them, peel it off, not out 50 bux or so....
Old 04-04-2011, 12:32 AM   #1056
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfeathers View Post
I was gonna pull a trick on my wife and spray our Charger black on the hood and watch her freak out. But decided not to. she might not think it is too funny.
Do it!!!!!Bahaha!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:32 AM   #1057
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom0662 View Post
Might have to give it a try myself, looks good.
Something I thought of while reading this. Has anyone taped off headlights and plastidipped on some eyelids? Dont like them, peel it off, not out 50 bux or so....
i heard of people doing this. i forgot where it was but it has been done
Old 04-04-2011, 12:35 AM   #1058
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Plasti dipped my I Phone.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:59 AM   #1059
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
ok what is plasti dip really? and why is everyone raving about it?
Old 04-04-2011, 02:00 AM   #1060
Tom0662 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
Tom0662's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
ok what is plasti dip really? and why is everyone raving about it?
http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

Products Discussed in this Thread