You jelly??? 189 10.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1864. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
mmtaco06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mmtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
THE PLASTI-DIP MEGA THREAD!!!!!!

I am thinking about doing the sleeved foglight housing mod on my '06 super white dc. I was also thinking about painting the lower bumper valence while I was doing that. Anyone painted their bumper with plasti-dip and can speak to how it holds up? Any pics? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
plasti-dip is awesome stuff, it holds up great and you can usually peel it off if you dont like it...I was just thinking about doing my lower bumper valence with it today.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtaco06 View Post
I am thinking about doing the sleeved foglight housing mod on my '06 super white dc. I was also thinking about painting the lower bumper valence while I was doing that. Anyone painted their bumper with plasti-dip and can speak to how it holds up? Any pics? Thanks in advance!
I can only assume it would be the same as doing the sleeved fog lights. I've had the sleeved fogs for nearly 2 months now and no issues. I don't have the valence done with Plasti-Dip, but the x-runner valence cover gives you an idea what it could look like.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
I am doing both of those tomorrow.

Plasti dip for fog light area and lower valence
Old 08-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #5
mmtaco06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mmtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Mind posting up some pics once you get done and letting us know how it goes? I really appreciate the responses!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
samhain will become famous soon enoughsamhain will become famous soon enough
Name: Brandon
samhain's Tacoma Gallery
Please post pics when you are done, I plan on doing this too.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #8
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Plasti Dip opinions?

I was thinking about plasti Dipping my rear chrome bumper and my front chrome grille(if the front doesnt look good i can just peel it off) i was also thinking about plasti dipping all of my emblems. and for 6-12 bucks to see how it would turn out, i dont think its a bad deal. its not permanent and i can also redo something if it turns out badly. here is a video of some guy doing the chrome bumper on his truck. i think it looks good. i know i would have to do a few coats but it doesnt look hard at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0NmK...eature=related
Old 11-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #9
Bako Taco is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: FF
Bako Taco's Tacoma Gallery
hey not too sure about doing the bumpers...i guess if you wanted it you could do it. however i did do my emblems today with the plasti dip spray can and they turned out awesome. im really glad with how they turned out and how easy it was.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #10
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i figured the bumper was worth a shot since it peels off. plus my old bumper was matte black(dont know why i got rid of it) but i kinda want to black out again. plus i might be getting a colormatched front grille anyways so it wouldnt really hurt anything to try it. idk tho
Old 11-01-2010, 11:43 PM   #11
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
IMO, he went a little overboard on his tapage. You just don't want to get overspray on stuff. You can peel the plastidip off of painted areas, if it's got good coverage anyway.
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-s...-required.html
Old 11-01-2010, 11:44 PM   #12
Bako Taco is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: FF
Bako Taco's Tacoma Gallery
yes it just peels right off so if you want to give it a try i dont see why not...
Old 11-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #13
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
i might have to do this..... im very tempted haha
Old 11-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #14
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
I am really interested in this hypothetically speaking I plasti dip my wheels......although it would take a long as time I could peel it off and it would look like I never had it on there.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:00 AM   #15
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Look up plasti dip wheels. It actually looks good. And his stayed good for about 6 months
Quote:
Originally Posted by THROUGHITALLDUDE View Post
I am really interested in this hypothetically speaking I plasti dip my wheels......although it would take a long as time I could peel it off and it would look like I never had it on there.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #16
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
i saw a few videos and they look AWESOME but I wanna know like if its all completely peel-able
Old 11-02-2010, 12:02 AM   #17
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i saw a few videos and they look AWESOME but I wanna know like if its all completely peel-able
Should be, it's a rubber coating. If it won't peel, you should be able to remove it with an eraser.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:08 AM   #19
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Yesss haha. I think I'm gonna do my emblems and bumper this weekend. Or a day that its semi.. sunny haha
Quote:
done deal I think I am doing it...... wheels and some interior parts
Old 11-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
Yesss haha. I think I'm gonna do my emblems and bumper this weekend. Or a day that its semi.. sunny haha
Aye, also. At least the emblems. Crome is peeling anyway.

Hmmm, it took me 3 tries to press the letter R. I think no more drinkies tonight...

Products Discussed in this Thread