1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spray in box liners

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Brianmac, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Nov 21, 2010 at 4:05 AM
    Brianmac

Brianmac [OP] Nubi Toyota *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Napanee, ontario
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma dual cab
    Toatly Stock,...so far
    Hey all
    New Toyota owner here.
    I recently bought my first Tacoma, a 2002 dual cab with a short box, I was concidering getting a sprayed in boxliner, it came with a custom plastic liner. Part of the reason for my decision is the guy who owned it before me use to put a cap on it from time to time to go Moose hunting and it has rubbed the paint off the top of the box sides, so I was going to have it sprayed over the top to cover the up the rub marks.
    Has any one had this kind of application done, if so how does it work out in the long term and what type of liner (Line X, Reflex....etc)
    I am leaning towards the Reflex liner as I like the...rubbery texture, I intend to get a Backflip Touna cover for it as well.
    Thanx
    Cheers
    Brian

2. Nov 21, 2010 at 9:19 AM
    lasllc

lasllc Wait. . what’s wrong here

Member:
    Southwest RedRocks
    Vehicle:
    13 SuperWhite DCSB Sport TRD
    SnugTop Super Sport, BedRug mat, Redline Tuning hood lifts, LED interior lights, 3D carpet protectors.
    For what it's worth; My previous truck, I had it sprayed with Line-X after looking at only Rhino as that was all that was available in my area.

I went with the Line-X as it is a much finer grain texture. It was sprayed over the rails and about 1/4 inch down from the top edge. I liked it a lot better then the Rhino.

Used it for over 100 K and it never required patching or maintenance other than a wash down now and then,

Products Discussed in

To Top