Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Best wax or paste?

Old 08-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
billfrombothell is on a distinguished road
billfrombothell's Tacoma Gallery
Best wax or paste?

I have a dark blue 2008 Taco and it looks great but it's ready for a good wax job to bring out the color.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a wax or paste? I don't even know what makes one better than another.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 08-06-2008, 12:00 PM   #2
tjdriscoll is on a distinguished road
tjdriscoll's Tacoma Gallery
i use Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax. its a liquid wax and fully synthetic. its the best stuff i've ever used. the wax itself lasts like a month and a half on my '07 before it wears off. (water beads off it) but man is it oh so smooth.

the problem I ran in to with the paste-based waxes is that they left a LOT of little dust like things that resembles pollen. with the tech wax, there is no dust or anything.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
I used meguiars gold class paste wax last weekend on my truck, very esay to use, and has a very good shine, its been raining almost everyday and the truck looks clean....
Old 08-06-2008, 12:05 PM   #4
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
no difference really between paste and liquid if youre comparing the same product side by side. paste... that comes in the jar and applicato rusually, is made for the hand applier where as liquid gives you ease if youre using a buffer of some sort.

edit... not sure if i read your question right...

but if your ejust looking for a good decent wax, you cant go wrong witht he meguiars gold class - $10 or so.
if you want to order online... then theres a LOT more options for you.

my personal opinion... im not fond of the nxt wax, doesnt last at all from my experience.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #5
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I've used NXT ever since it came out. It easily lasts 3+ months which is about as far as you can expect from your average wax. Other stuff like Adam's Butter Wax might last 6 weeks.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #6
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
xymol wax as a primer coat of wax then use meguires carnuba wax to really add a shine. looks shinier than glass. and water just beads right up and falls off. same with bird crap. except with some water added to rinse it off
Old 08-06-2008, 11:45 PM   #7
1bad03snake is on a distinguished road
1bad03snake's Tacoma Gallery
Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax sucks. I have 3 bottles in my gagrage that have separated. I use zano bros and cannot complain about it one bit. I waxed my truck the day I brought it home and the paint still fells slick as hell
Old 08-07-2008, 06:54 AM   #8
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Yep... i have about 2 bottles as well. I think due to the heat we get here in Tx, it simply isnt good for our climate.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:33 AM   #9
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Any recommendations for a wax that will not turn black plastic white? I recently used Eagle One nanowax, it made a good shine but I swear a week later the paint feels dry. However it did not affect the black plastic. Would anyone recommend the Meguires over the Eagle One?

-Dan
Old 08-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #10
1bad03snake is on a distinguished road
1bad03snake's Tacoma Gallery
I called and complained about NXT and they sent me a free bottle, it's trashed now also. Check out www.Zainobros.com
Old 08-07-2008, 11:29 AM   #11
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
Any recommendations for a wax that will not turn black plastic white? I recently used Eagle One nanowax, it made a good shine but I swear a week later the paint feels dry. However it did not affect the black plastic. Would anyone recommend the Meguires over the Eagle One?

-Dan
I like this stuff:

http://www.clearkote.com/Clearkotewe...baMooseWax.htm
Old 08-07-2008, 05:00 PM   #13
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post

those are some shinny corvettes...