Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

My 55,000 Mile 2009 Tacoma

Old 11-28-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
onepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
onepremiere's Tacoma Gallery
My 55,000 Mile 2009 Tacoma

So the title is meant to grab your attention. I commute a lot, I use the truck a lot. During the winter, I spend a lot of time in the mountains. The truck is used to chase a Trophy Truck so it sees a lot of dirt. Bottom line, the truck gets a lot of use, in a lot of different elements.

How do I take of it? Well, I cheat. First, I used Eric, at Envious Detailing. To keep the truck sealed, because I am too nervous about using a rotary polisher/buffer. He has only sealed the truck twice.

As for my weekly-biweekly washes, I use ChemicalGuys.com products. I used a sponge not a mit. (Mits hold rocks/sand/whatever) I almost consistently clean the under-carriage and seal it with a under-carriage spray. I used special waffle-weaver drying towels, and mirco-fiber clothes that are very soft. A beach towel will give you swirls for days. Needless to say, it has really helped keep the truck looking awesome.

The truck is starting is 3rd winter, so I will be sealing the truck before.

I will post photos when the time comes.

I bought the truck in Sept 2008.

Here is it just a few weeks ago.

-Jeff

(Stock shocks on while Fox was revalving the rear.)

Winter 09-10 Drove the truck like this for 3 Weeks, Up and down the mountain almost 6 Times, Plus some trail fun.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery

Great job ... I am impressed ...

Old 11-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
BBBsti LTD will become famous soon enough
BBBsti LTD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, what exactly do you use for the undercarriage?
Old 11-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
Mayday
mmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Veteran
Name: Mike
mmadej87's Tacoma Gallery
how long does it take you to do a detailing?
Old 11-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #5
ILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
ILove2Drive's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful truck man, I don't know how you keep that undercarriage so mint especially after mudding! But wow
Old 11-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
mountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainprimat2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stefan
mountainprimat2's Tacoma Gallery
finally another person who put miles on their Taco, I bought mine last July 09 with 66miles on it. I just recently had her 30000 mile tune up taken care of.....lots of miles, awesome truck, being in vermont in the winter and the beach in the summer i should look into getting it sealed. Any suggestions on sealing? Sweet truck brudda, drive it in good health
Old 11-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #7
onepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post

Great job ... I am impressed ...

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBsti LTD View Post
Nice, what exactly do you use for the undercarriage?
http://www.chemicalguys.com/BARE_BON...tvd_104_16.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmadej87 View Post
how long does it take you to do a detailing?
To do a FULL undercarriage wash, engine bay wash, then wash the body. About 4 Hours. I only do the under carriage every 6 months. A normal weekend wash is 1.5 hours with interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILove2Drive View Post
Beautiful truck man, I don't know how you keep that undercarriage so mint especially after mudding! But wow
Thank you, takes blood, sweat and tears (when I find dents and racing stripes.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainprimat2 View Post
finally another person who put miles on their Taco, I bought mine last July 09 with 66miles on it. I just recently had her 30000 mile tune up taken care of.....lots of miles, awesome truck, being in vermont in the winter and the beach in the summer i should look into getting it sealed. Any suggestions on sealing? Sweet truck brudda, drive it in good health
Yes! Its depressing, but I love that truck. (Even though I was about to sign papers on a Tundra) But it does the job (most of the time). In Jan I am towing a mustang out to Colorado, that will be the real test.

Sealant.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Paint_Se...wac_118_16.htm

I buy in bulk... Saves A LOT. I probably spend 100-150 a year in cleaning supplies. I am talking, shampoo, interior spray, interior shampoo, speed wipe, under carriage spray, de greasers, all in one cleaner, window spray and wheel wash.

OH, and mothers smaller power ball and keeps the wheels looking good.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
thats a whole lot of mileage for a truck thats only 2 years old. but, very good job of keepin it clean!!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #9

This was my 2005 BMW M3, this was the start of it all. After all the compound wore off the Jet Black paint, her true colors came out, and it was UGLY. This guy really knows how to take care of a car. He does it out of his garage, only takes 3-4 a month. Its his hobby. Was very expensive, but then again, all color correction is expensive because it takes so long, with so many steps.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...ghlight=FMINUS
Old 11-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #10
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck.looks brand new.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:14 AM   #13
GSB is on a distinguished road
GSB's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice looking. I will have to try the Chemical Guys Bare Bones. Do you just wash under your truck and spray it on?
Old 11-29-2010, 03:40 AM   #14
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that looks awesome! I need this done to mine!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSB View Post
Very nice looking. I will have to try the Chemical Guys Bare Bones. Do you just wash under your truck and spray it on?
Yep, just let the frame dry and mist it on and walk away... Stuff is AWESOME.

Post some before and afters...
Old 11-29-2010, 02:50 PM   #16
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
Those Cali winters are killing your undercarraige... Oh wait... hahaha

Nice rig man, looks great!
Old 11-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadic 78 View Post
Those Cali winters are killing your undercarraige... Oh wait... hahaha

Nice rig man, looks great!
Hey, if I had it my way I'd be in living at 6,000 ft somewhere near Whistler in BC, Canada, haha. Then i'd have to take medication for my OCD, cause I be out there in the single digits scrubbing the under carriage.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #18
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
oh my to live in cali........
Old 11-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #19
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepremiere View Post
Hey, if I had it my way I'd be in living at 6,000 ft somewhere near Whistler in BC, Canada, haha. Then i'd have to take medication for my OCD, cause I be out there in the single digits scrubbing the under carriage.
Yes , exactly .
Old 11-29-2010, 09:05 PM   #20
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
very nice