Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Removing mirror covers

Old 12-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Removing mirror covers

When I bought my truck the guy that had it before me placed a chrome insert on the front grill(which pops of no problem), chrome handle covers on the tailgate, and chrome mirror covers. See pictures bellow for examples. I decided to leave everything on when I bought the truck to see if it grew on me. Well after 3 months the handles have grown on me and the front cover has grown on me, but not the mirrors. I want these covers off. From what I can tell there is 3mm tape on the inside holding the mirrors on. How should I go about getting these off?? I do not want to ruin the paint and I want everything to look stock again.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
damn! thats alot of chrome, im not sure how to remove it but get rid of it ASAPP!!
Old 12-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea, the handles are ok...they have kinda grown on me. But once I get the stupid mirror covers off I may take off the front piece and see how it looks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
damn! thats alot of chrome, im not sure how to remove it but get rid of it ASAPP!!
Old 12-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance

I thought about just pulling them right off, they are not on tight. Then using goo begone to get rid of the sticky!
Old 12-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #6
Lean Mean MPG Machine (best = 27)
pidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud of

Name: Stefan
pidro_el_pirata's Tacoma Gallery
If they're not tight use the spray mentioned above as you're pulling them off. Literally simultaneously, to cut through the adhesive as its exposed
Old 12-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance

Took the hair dryer to them and heated them up. Ran some fishing line around the back and they came off. I then used goo begone then some comment and mirrors look brand new!
Old 12-09-2010, 07:31 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance

Will have pics of them off this weekend when it warms up!