Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Ruined microfiber towels

Old 08-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #1
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Ruined microfiber towels

Bought three different sizes of microfiber towels for the truck. Detail, interior, and exterior sizes.

Managed to get grease on the big one. I've washed it in hot water, cold water, a ton of soap, a bit of bleach, even tossed a handful of GoJo in one washer load.

It still won't soak up water anymore!

Not that the cost is a big deal, but does anyone know how to revitalize those things?
Old 08-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
My husband is really paticular about microfibers. We'll wash 'em in the washer by themselves with car wash soap (nothing else). If they're too far stained - they become oil change rags or kitchen rags.

Afterall - you're using a microfiber for a reason. If they get too far stained - they've lost their useful intentions. You might as well use a cotton towel.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #3
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
if youve done all that... that towel is ruined. toss it to the rag pile. i woudlnt use any detergent, washing them by themselves is a great idea... as is the car wash soap.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:37 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a dozen of them from amazon for $12, so now I don't worry about them.