LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Awww chit!! Line paint!!!!

Old 08-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Awww chit!! Line paint!!!!

Aww CRAP!!!

They painted the lines in my neighborhood and I was soo careful avoiding them. Atleast, SO I THOUGHT!! I got home and I had frigin LINE PAINT all inside my fenders, on the painted part of the flares (in the fender) and the inside of my mud flaps - all on the passenger side - front & rear tires.

ARGH!!!!! Mother.....&$#*!!#@

I know you guys hate the mud flaps on these trucks - but these things saved my paint!! I only had a small amount on the rocker panels on the front section of the bed. Everything else was on the inside of the fender well and where the flares are painted. It was nasty!

I ended up using the creamy GO-JO hand cleaner. Slap it on and let it soak...that seemed to soften it up so I could use a towel (and my fingernail) to scrape off the thick stuff. The rest of it wiped off with a little elbow grease.

I scraped majority of it off the inside of the mud flaps. I didn't bother with the inside of the fenders (plastic). I figured it should come off this winter.

Anyone else have some good remedies to remove this stuff. What a PITA!!

Gawd!!! Luckily this happened before I washed the truck. It's due for a good cleaning.