Notices

Custom Badge Work

Old 08-12-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
shonuff505 is on a distinguished road
Marines: SGT - "Semper Fi" till the day i die
shonuff505's Tacoma Gallery
Custom Badge Work

Hello My Tacoma Brotherin,

Ok, well i first wanna apologize for the pics, my girlfriend dropped my camera in a mudd pit while playing mudd vollyball, so i had to use my cell phone camera.

so, after reading one of the many debadging post here on the TW, i decided to debadge my truck. after taking all the decals off my truck, i got a wild hair and decided to just do my own badgework.

tell me what you think? I have gotten many compliments and i think they look pretty good, but the final test comes from you... my fellow tacoma brothers.

so be honest..
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Badge Work-untitled.jpg   Custom Badge Work-untitled-2.jpg   Custom Badge Work-untitled-3.jpg  
Old 08-12-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
hey man.......good job. i think they look pretty cool relocated and all.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly.......it really doesn't do it for me. I'd leave it debadged. Good job trying something different though.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:02 PM   #5
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
I hate to say it, but im going to be honest.

I DO NOT like the look of the badges...looks very lame IMO.

Love albuquerque tho
Old 08-12-2008, 12:03 PM   #6
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post

X2. Stock badges suck.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #7
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post

Love albuquerque tho
x3... i don't like the reposition.... but its your truck man! do whatever pleases you, don't listen to us
Old 08-12-2008, 12:07 PM   #8
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i cant say that i like them either. i debadged mine and now i'm awaiting new flat black vinyl to go back on
Old 08-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #9
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I like small stuff like that, that only a taco owner would notice if they were to see it.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:11 AM   #11
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I am not a fan of the OEM badges.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:10 PM   #12
9888PHTacoma is on a distinguished road

Navy: Boatswains Mate-Vietnam Riverine Special Forces
9888PHTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I think you did a great job. IMHO, whether I would do them or not doesn't matter.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:18 PM   #13
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
what did u use to put the emblem back on?? i wanna take mine off and paint them black, but how do i go at putting them back on?
Old 08-20-2008, 02:22 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9888PHTacoma View Post
I think you did a great job. IMHO, whether I would do them or not doesn't matter.

Thank you, all of you for your input. Itís good to know my hard work is appreciated!

Also, thank you for all you did for our country. Itís because of you and all our veterans that we have the freedoms we enjoy today!

That Purple Heart is the symbol of sacrifice! And gets my respect whenever I see it!!

LET FREEDOM RING!!!

Semper Fi,
Shonuff505
Old 08-20-2008, 02:23 PM   #15
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
what did u use to put the emblem back on?? i wanna take mine off and paint them black, but how do i go at putting them back on?

????
Old 08-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #16
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
bravo. im not crazy about it, but if it makes you happy i say go for it. after all it is your truck and everything.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #17
Quote:

hello,

well i used a bonding cement, but i wouldnt recommend it. 3M makes a emblem glue that is made for that sole purpose. You can find it at any local auto shop.

The cement was messy and left a gap in between my truck and the emblem.

hope it helps you out, and if you have any more questions... im here.

sho
Old 08-20-2008, 07:35 PM   #18
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
3m double sided tape.....great stuff.